Overbaked/undercooked Peach Pound cake

Reaction score
Good Afternoon~

I have been baking for years and have have never found a place to ask questions/get advice ..... until now! I am making a recipe for Peach Pound Cake
but am baking several small ones in load pans, instead of a Bundt pan at 325 for 50 min; as stated. The cake came out with a crusty top yet the
middle was not quite baked all the way through. This is the first time I have baked the cake in loaf pans instead of a Bundt pan. Am I cooking it
at the wrong temperature? Everytime I stuck a toothpick into the middle, it was coated with raw dough.

Thank you!
DebbieD

Reaction score
Good Afternoon~

I have been baking for years and have have never found a place to ask questions/get advice ..... until now! I am making a recipe for Peach Pound Cake
but am baking several small ones in load pans, instead of a Bundt pan at 325 for 50 min; as stated. The cake came out with a crusty top yet the
middle was not quite baked all the way through. This is the first time I have baked the cake in loaf pans instead of a Bundt pan. Am I cooking it
at the wrong temperature? Everytime I stuck a toothpick into the middle, it was coated with raw dough.

Thank you!
DebbieD

Cake batter bakes from the outside to the center. The pan heats; the batter in contact with the pan bakes first.

The center tube in a Bundt pan is not for decoration. It heats and radiate heat to cook the batter in the center. If a bundt pan didn’t have the center tube, the batter on the sides and bottom would burn before the center baked. The greater the volume of batter, the longer it takes to bake.

Cake baked in a pan 3” or deeper or 10” or larger requires a heating core.

When you bake in a loaf pan, the volume is still there. It needs a heating core.

Heating cores are also needed when a batter is fragile, like chiffon cake and angel food cake. The center tube/heating core not only radiates heat, but provides support to keep the cake from collapsing.

Example of heating cores
IMG_4318.jpeg

Reaction score
Good Afternoon~

Thank you!
DebbieD
lower the temp , bake it longer.

Ask a Question