Peppermint Cookie Balls

Reaction score
My friend Kate over at foodbabbles.com has some awesome recipes, wanted to share her latest adaptation with peppermint. Man do these sound good.

Ingredients
  • 36 Oreo cookies
  • 1 (oz) package cream cheese, softened
  • 2 tablespoons peppermint schnapps
  • 16 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, melted
  • 6 candy canes, crushed
Instructions
  1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. Place Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed. Add cream cheese and peppermint schnapps. Pulse to combine.
  3. Spray hands with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop mixture and roll into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture. Freeze for 1 hour.
  4. Dip frozen oreo cookie balls in melted chocolate then roll in crushed candy cane pieces. Return to parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with all cookie balls.
  5. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Let cookie balls come to room temperature before enjoying.
  6. **Not a fan of alcohol or want to make these kid friendly? Simply omit the peppermint schnapps!
Notes
Adapted from Oreo

http://foodbabbles.com/2013/12/peppermint-oreo-cookie-balls/

Reaction score
The recipe seems very interesting. Though, I would rather buy some peppermints that are made from real sugar.

The recipe looks pretty cool and the end product looks delicious.

Reaction score
Not just interesting, but really easy to prepare!

Besides great idea for those ocassional visits that come back and forth during this season of the year.

I will try this recipe this weekend. Thanks for sharing it and also for the share the link of your friend Kate. Looks like very interesting ideas in there too :)

Reaction score
I started baking when I was under 21 and would occasionally come across recipes that called for things like peppermint schnapps, especially around this time of year. I ended up buying a small bottle of peppermint extract (the bottle looked similar to a bottle of vanilla extract) and it tasted great! I just thought it would be another option for swapping out the schnapps. I don't remember it being too expensive, and you only need a little to bring out the minty taste. Hope this was helpful to you!

Reaction score
These sound great and so easy to make. I think I would go with @violabeatle and use the mint extract in place of the schnapps. Just a little bit will work and give them the minty flavor. I will be trying these. I wish I had seen this recipe before going shopping. I would have bought some Oreo cookies! I promised myself I was not going out again after I got home..... Hmm.... decisions decisions!

Reaction score
I know the holidays are over, but these sound amazing!! I might have to save this recipe for next year. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

Reaction score
These cookies sound delicious. I love peppermint in anything.
Even though the holidays have passed, I may just try making these. Thanks so much for sharing.

Ask a Question