Perfecting Brioche Doughnut Recipe - Need Advice!

Reaction score
Hi bakers! I would LOVE some advice. I am new to brioche baking and am trying to nail down my doughnut recipe, but I'm in need of help. I follow Bread Ahead's recipe and while the dough has the most beautiful flavor, I'm not getting the highest rise and sometimes feel like my doughnuts aren't as airy as I would like inside. After passing the window pane test, I stopped proofing on the counter for two hours and just put the dough directly into the fridge overnight. I find that 22-24 hours usually gives me the best flavor. I take the dough out, roll each doughnut and let them sit at room temp for about 1-2 hours until doubled in size. I fry at 350. They puff up beautifully when frying but a few seconds after I take them out, the centers completely shrivel up. You can see from the inside of my doughnut that it does get have a nice rise but my doughnuts appear flat and not brioche pillow like.. am I making any sense?! Sign-- help! lol

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 23
  • D3.png
    D3.png
    551.6 KB · Views: 23
  • D4.png
    D4.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 23

Ask a Question