Pizza Base

Reaction score
What is the best recipe for making Pizza bases?
I have tried a recipe before but the base turned out too crunch and stiff. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I like deep dish so I just use any bread dough (and I do the same for focaccia) and put it in a well oiled cast iron fry pan that has been dusted with corn flour. That will give you a crisp, crunchy bottom but the dough between the bottom and the toppings comes out nice and soft.

Reaction score
If your crust is coming out too dry, try adding some olive oil to the dough. It's also possible you're not letting it rise enough. I usually let my dough rise twice before rolling it out. I always add a little sugar to help the yeast along.

Reaction score
Do any of you add milk to your dough or milk powder? I've heard a few recipes with this but I've never tried it out myself.

Reaction score
Do any of you add milk to your dough or milk powder? I've heard a few recipes with this but I've never tried it out myself.

I've never tried this, but it could definitely work. I once knew this really great naan bread recipe which used a lot of milk wasn't that dissimilar to a pizza dough.

Reaction score
Milk does make for a softer bread, that may be the answer, replace the water in the recipe with milk and see if that helps.

When I want to make hot dog or hamburger buns I use milk the bread dough instead of water.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help! I think I'm going to try making it with milk and see how it goes.

Ask a Question