Raw Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Reaction score
Ingredients
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • dash sea salt
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
  • 2 Tbsp peanut butter (OK to leave out to make nut-free)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Put oats and salt in food processor.
  2. Process until finely ground.
  3. Add remaining ingredients and process until fully combined.
  4. Add a few drops of water if needed to form balls.
  5. Form into balls or press into a square pan and cut into squares.

Reaction score
These are great to make in the summer. My kitchen gets so hot from our gas stove, and it deters me from wanting to bake :/

Reaction score
Those no-bake cookies sound delicious, and especially for the hot summer when you don't want to be using the oven unless it is necessary.
Another good thing is that there is no sugar in them, they are totally sweetened by the raisins and the dates, so it would also be pretty healthy.
I think it might be nice with a cup of morning coffee, even.
Thank you for posting this recipe.

Reaction score
I know the feels. It gets so hot when I bake, and I don't even have a gas stove and it still gets hot when I cook!

Reaction score
Great recipe for no bake cookies. Like everyone else, I hesitate to use the oven when the temperature outside is so hot and humid. This sounds tasty and easy (the perfect combination:)

Reaction score
This really does sound interesting... until I came onto this forum I had honestly never heard of "no bake," or "raw," cookies. This looks like a great addition to add to my list of recipes.

Reaction score
I really like the idea of these. They have no added sugar and all natural ingredients. Oats are also supposed to be good for lowering cholesterol too.

Can you use any kind of oats? I have quick oats and also the steel cut oats in my cupboard.

I may also try adding a little shredded coconut to the mix.

Thank you so much for this recipe. It's going on the "list" of things I will be trying. :)

Ask a Question