Recipe book?

Reaction score
Do any of you keep a recipe book/binder with some of your favorite recipes, or a box of recipes cards? I know there are plenty of online options for that these days, but there is just something so appealing and nostalgic about actually keeping a physical one, to me at least. There are so many recipes that my great grandma made but she never shared them with anyone or wrote them down, they were all from memory and were unfortunately lost with her passing. I want to leave a book for my kids so they don't have to try and recreate things off the cuff ;).

What about you guys? Thoughts?

Reaction score
Any books I have around now must have brown leaves that are falling out. I never had a grandma to share anything recipes with men. In fact they both died before I was born, so anything in the form of recipes must have died with them. I suspect there were very good in the kitchen especially from my mother's side.

I think you should put something together as you are so good in this area. I have no need to do anything, Betty Crocker has taken care of all my printed material for our kids and our kid's kids.:) Together she and I can create a library.:)

On a serious note, I think it is a great idea.

Reaction score
Aw, that's a shame they weren't around to share in some baking with you, but at least you're moving upwards so you can reach a bit beyond Betty ;). Thanks, I've been fond of the idea for a while now.

Reaction score
I always had these ideas of keeping a book, but the torn out recipes are all in folders or tucked into a book as a bookmark! One day I would like to organize them and did try at one point, but I tend to still tear them out and store them in a nearby folder or start a new one. I'm a bit of a hoarder, so among all my other things are stray recipes too which are a nice find when I do a sort through.

Reaction score
I have recipe books of recipes I have written Iver the years. Recipes I have seen online that I use I have printed off or cut out of magazibrs and popped into plastic sleeves and keep in my ring binder. I prefer this actually as I don't have to keep my Ipad in the kitchen I obsess it might get dirty lol

Reaction score
I have so many recipes lying all over the place and stuck in drawers i know it's about time i get down to work and let my daughter help me to put them all together in a sturdy folder as it would pain my heart if i should lose some that was passed down to me from my great-grandmother.

Ask a Question