Recipe for Fried Peanut Butter Sandwich

Reaction score
Have you ever eaten a fried peanut butter sandwich? I eat them on occasion. They are excellent fixes for PMS cravings. Here's the recipe . . .

Ingredients:
2 slices of bread
Peanut Butter
Jelly
Butter

Steps:
1. Make a peanut butter sandwich. (You know how.)
2. Melt butter into a metal pan on medium high.
3. Put your peanut butter sandwich into the pan. Brown one side. Flip. Brown the other side.
4. Slice in half.
Enjoy!

a69.jpg

Reaction score
I had something similar to this at an Elvis themed restaurant once.

The craziest sandwich that I ever heard of Elvis eating was a hollowed out loaf of French bread filled with peanut butter, jelly and a pound of crisply fried bacon.
I couldn't handle that, I just ordered a friend peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Reaction score
I've heard of them,but I don't know anybody who has ate one :)

and I'm not sure about the French Bread thing either,but I do like the idea of a pound of bacon ,I think I'd rather go with some cheese and jalapeno peppers,with the bacon though, i may have to try that the next time I bake some

hmmmm I assume just roll the cheese and stuff up in it and then bake it ?

oh oh with some onions and bell peppers ,maybe some salsa ? : I can barely make a loaf of French Bread,think that would be to much to try ?

Reaction score
That looks great. The recipe doesn't call for oats on the outside but the one in the picture appears to have it. Do you add them to the pan or to the bread? I like the idea of having the crunch on the outside and I bet it adds to the flavor and the finished appearance.

Reaction score
Dang that looks yum. I think I would add some sliced bananas into the mix. Or maybe some Nutella.

Ask a Question