Showcase your work!

Reaction score
Yes I thought it was strange for a major retail chain to sell a packaged food item that wasn’t properly labeled.

I really believe event coordinators would love to have a talented baker/artist like you on their vendor lists. And weddings are big business. Your cookies are like edible keepsakes. The kind of wedding favors that really make a statement.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Working on dinosaurs. I always ask for 2 weeks for 2 doz but I accepted an order for 40 cookies and they have to be done by Friday. I'm in panic mode because I work full time and have to do the cookies at night after work. I'm not sure I can get these done, but I'm working every moment I can. Here are some of the ones I've finished so far.

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
@Sharzi, :D:D:D:D:D bravo! You make it!

They are so adorable. I love the little guy popping out of the egg—too cute.

My niece would go nuts for those little cookies. She is dinosaur crazy. In fact I’m making her Halloween costume for her it’s a Pokemon dinosaur.

Reaction score
Awww.... she'll be adorable! I get a lot of orders for dinos.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I really wish others would share what they're making.

I just finished some elephant cookies for a baby shower.

Attachments

Reaction score
IMG_0013.JPG
I'm a beginner, but just for fun here is what I baked tonight. My first attempt at muffins. My wife said they aren't moist. I just followed a recipe online. I used butter instead of the vegetable oil and it the cook time was longer than recipe (20 mins). So far my bakes are looking good , but need fine tuning on taste.

Ops I need a URL to upload a photo. . Sorry no URL. Let me try to figure this out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
View attachment 1927 I'm a beginner, but just for fun here is what I baked tonight. My first attempt at muffins. My wife said they aren't moist. I just followed a recipe online. I used butter instead of the vegetable oil and it the cook time was longer than recipe (20 mins). So far my bakes are looking good , but need fine tuning on taste.

Ops I need a URL to upload a photo. . Sorry no URL. Let me try to figure this out.

They look beautiful!! Oil and butter have a very different chemistry to them. Most of the time, cakes, cupcakes and muffins will need oil, or a combination of oil and either shortening or butter. A way to add some moisture would be adding applesauce or in this case, some instant pudding helps too. Ovens make a difference too. Electric tends to hold in moisture more then gas ovens. So it might help to add a pan of water on the bottom rack when baking if you have a gas stove. That'll help! :) Keep at it... it's really such a feeling of pride when you make something yourself.

Reaction score
I love the elephant cookies @Sharzi! They're so cute :) I hadn't realised that people shellac them, it's pretty cool that they get to enjoy looking at them for longer. I know I'd feel bad eating something so beautiful!

@Albie_baking those muffins look great! Very impressive considering it's your first attempt. The substitution of butter for oil could have contributed to the dryness, as could the extra baking time. It's worth calibrating your oven - the temperature it says isn't always right, so that's worth checking.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
They look beautiful!! Oil and butter have a very different chemistry to them. Most of the time, cakes, cupcakes and muffins will need oil, or a combination of oil and either shortening or butter. A way to add some moisture would be adding applesauce or in this case, some instant pudding helps too. Ovens make a difference too. Electric tends to hold in moisture more then gas ovens. So it might help to add a pan of water on the bottom rack when baking if you have a gas stove. That'll help! :) Keep at it... it's really such a feeling of pride when you make something yourself.
Thank you. Im not always on, but I appreciate the feedback.

Reaction score
Oh one more comment. I guess we all like the sight of a home baked item! Lol

Ad

Advertisements