Simple brownie recipe on a budget

Reaction score
We live on a tight budget so I'm not looking for the best recipes which often have pricey ingredients; however we are easily satisfied so a simple recipe will be fine. I've made several brownie recipes this week (new baker) but all turned into plain cake. Like others, I'm searching for the holy grail of boxed brownies. Why are those so good? Anyway, I use some inexpensive cocoa powder (Nestles), and the recipes all promised fudgey goodness. Cake. So - can anyone share with me the kids' version of fudge brownies? Thank you-all!

Reaction score
you're overbaking them. any recipe can turn to cake if baked long enough, if a recipe says 30 minutes remove them after 20 minutes, chill when cool.

Reaction score
I understand your quest for that perfect, fudgy brownie! Boxed brownies often deliver that texture due to their specific formulation with added fats and emulsifiers.

Ask a Question