Syrups for Italian Meringue Buttercream?

Reaction score
I recently made Italian Meringue Buttercream, and I LOVE it so much! I have been looking at pistachio cake recipes and I saw one that uses honey flavored American buttercream. This got me to wondering if honey could be used as the syrup to make a honey-flavored Italian Meringue Buttercream. I found a couple of recipes, and this got me to wondering if any syrup could be used to make Italian Meringue Buttercream. For instance, could I bring butter pecan pancake syrup to 238F and pour it into my meringue to make butter pecan flavored Italian Meringue Buttercream. Could I do the same with blueberry syrup? I know it can't be that simple, but I just wonder if it could be done, and if anyone knows how. Thanks.

Reaction score
Yes, honey can be used in the syrup for Italian meringue. Honey is an invert sugar and helps reduce the tendency to crystallize.

Reaction score
Recipes I use call for honey (or other invert sugar) + water, then cooked to the specified temperature (I don't have the recipe handy).

Note that I said above that honey can be used *IN* the syrup for Italian meringue.

Cee

Reaction score
Recipes I use call for honey (or other invert sugar) + water, then cooked to the specified temperature (I don't have the recipe handy).

Note that I said above that honey can be used *IN* the syrup for Italian meringue.
Hi, could you share the amounts of the inverted sugar and water please!

Ask a Question