Thin crust pizza (simple )

Reaction score
If you are a fan of the thin crust pizza, then this recipe is definitely worth a try. This is perfect for anyone who is looking for a healthy yet simple pizza dough; it's not only sugar free,but yeast and gluten free as well .This recipe is a still a work in progress, but I have made it at least three times and it turned out pretty good. I have done a little bit of tweaking since I first made it and I think it is getting better. I am trying to avoid yeast and sugar as much as I can and the idea of giving up pizza was depressing . I am so excited to have found this and I will continue to perfect it.

Suggestions for improvement are welcome.

1 cup tapioca flour
¼ cup buckwheat flour
1/8 cup cornmeal
½ tsp stevia
1 tbsp spices (garlic powder, onion powder etc)
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup yogurt

Blend yogurt and eggs together. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl then combine the two. Grease a baking sheet and spread dough with a rolling pin (sprinkling a bit of flour helps make it easier). Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. If so desired, add toppings after 15 minutes and finish baking .

Reaction score
Hmmm. It sounds pretty good! I'll have to try it out and see if I like it! I'm always looking for a thin crust pizza that I can eat every so often. I've never had tapioca flour but I've seen it around. Does it have an odd taste at all? I've been interested in trying different flours in an effort to stay away from regular old white. Thanks for the recipe!

Reaction score
If you are a fan of the thin crust pizza, then this recipe is definitely worth a try. This is perfect for anyone who is looking for a healthy yet simple pizza dough; it's not only sugar free,but yeast and gluten free as well .This recipe is a still a work in progress, but I have made it at least three times and it turned out pretty good. I have done a little bit of tweaking since I first made it and I think it is getting better. I am trying to avoid yeast and sugar as much as I can and the idea of giving up pizza was depressing . I am so excited to have found this and I will continue to perfect it.

Suggestions for improvement are welcome.

1 cup tapioca flour
¼ cup buckwheat flour
1/8 cup cornmeal
½ tsp stevia
1 tbsp spices (garlic powder, onion powder etc)
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup yogurt

Blend yogurt and eggs together. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl then combine the two. Grease a baking sheet and spread dough with a rolling pin (sprinkling a bit of flour helps make it easier). Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. If so desired, add toppings after 15 minutes and finish baking .
oh i see,thanks for the free menu here noted love it much!!!

Reaction score
That sounds really good but has anyone tried the Jiffy pizza crust. it is actually really good. I usually just add a little extra flour and some Garlic and other Herbs and I can have a thin crust or a thick crust. The price is right as well. around .60 cent a box.

Reaction score
Nice recipe! I'm a huge thin crust pizza fan and would like to learn to make it at home. Most sites I've looked at have very complicated recipes for it, when it really should be as simple as the recipe above. I'd like to try this recipe soon.

Reaction score
Oh thank you for sharing. I can't wait to try this. I am a huge fan of thin crust pizza. I've actually made regular crust pizza a dozen times, but am eager to try the thin crust. I think it will turn out great on my cooking stone.

Ask a Question