Delicious Gluten-Free Cookies from Pillsbury

Reaction score
and it was very good! It is in the refrigerator section of the grocery store - in mine it was with the other cookie dough, eggs, etc. My daughter and I are always on the lookout for new gluten free items. And we like to try them when it is a "major" food company that comes out with them. You never know if they will be better or worse than the companies that are exclusively gluten free.

So, we were happily surprised that the cookies tasted like the real thing! I think they may just be the best gluten free ones we tried! And, I didn't have to do anything except put the dough on the cookie sheet & bake!! LOL

Oh, these were chocolate chip ones. They also have a gluten free pizza/bread dough that we bought and have yet to try. :)

Reaction score
That's great that Pillsbury has come put with a gluten free dough for so many people who are allergic. Glad to know that it tastes good! I wonder how they take out the gluten....

Reaction score
Yes, I wonder that too! I don't know if I would try them if my daughter were celiac though! I think then I would be more careful and only get things from a gluten free facility! I think it is ok for people that are gluten intolerant but not celiac - as they have to be so much more careful! There could be cross contamination if they are made in a facility that makes other items.
It would be nice if they gave more information when they release new products!! Especially for those that it could be what makes them sick or is a life or death situation!

Reaction score
Yes, I wonder that too! I don't know if I would try them if my daughter were celiac though! I think then I would be more careful and only get things from a gluten free facility! I think it is ok for people that are gluten intolerant but not celiac - as they have to be so much more careful! There could be cross contamination if they are made in a facility that makes other items.
It would be nice if they gave more information when they release new products!! Especially for those that it could be what makes them sick or is a life or death situation!

Although it's not suitable for persons with celiac disease, but I'm glad that they're introducing new products for those who are gluten intolerant. Yes, i think they should release more information about how they produce products such as these so as to inform consumers like your daughter, who have celiac disease. The risk of cross contamination is far too great for them to not do something like this.

Reaction score
Jodiann12 - my daughter isn't celiac. :) She is gluten intolerant. I was just making a point that celiacs might not want to try it since it isn't made in a dedicated gluten free facility. :) It is safer for celiacs to not try these new products not having as much information. But, thankfully my daughter can eat things like this and not have any reactions! But if she did we would of course not eat them!!! :)

It is nice that more manufacturers are doing gluten free options! It opens the world of possibilities up for those that can't eat the "regular" food. And it seems to be happening more and more these days. Sad that it seems to be affecting more of the younger generation! :(

Reaction score
It is great that more places are coming out with gluten free.. I just wish that didn't mean making them just as, if not more unhealthy than the gluten version. I'd be curious to see the ingredients, but I already know it won't be something I can eat. I did used to love their cookie dough though. I just don't buy from the "big guys" in the food industry anymore, they're the lowest on my food sources to trust ;)

Ask a Question