Troubleshooting Bundt Cake

Reaction score
The local Kenwood agent is really crappy, and they couldn't update when they would restock the creaming paddle - so i kinda took matters into my own hands and found creaming paddles sold by the Kenwood US. which is why i ordered it from Kenwood USA. And Kenwood USA was 70% off. Kenwood UK was full price before shipping!

Still, I'll write to them... :)
Oh, okay. They should stand behind the product since it is Kenwood.

Reaction score
can you turn the convection off?

Convection is not suited for home baking. It’s designed for commercial baking in which you have multiple racks, filled with multiple trays. When there is so much product in an oven you have to have air circulating in the chamber to ensure heat distribution between the racks and trays/pans.

But in home baking when you only have one rack, with one or two cake pans, convections absolutely is too much heat.

so if you can turn the function off and just use a conventional oven mode, try that. The hot dry heat from convection just bakes everything too fast.

Yes I wouldn’t change your fat ratio if it’s working for you. If you like the texture of your cake that’s what matters.

I totally understand the oven situation. My families Japanese. In Japan most people don’t have full-size ovens in their kitchens. Countertop ovens are the norm there. When I sent baking equipment to my SIL’s sister, I had to make sure it was suited to a countertop oven.
Hi there! I’m happy to have come across this advice today as I am planning to buy a new oven and was planning to buy a conviction oven thinking that that is the best for home baking! I would appreciate your kind advice on which oven would you recommend? Thank you!

Ask a Question