What is the most creative flavor of frosting you know?

Reaction score
Someone pinned this image on Pinterest with no recipe or website linked. I've got to find out how to make that blue cotton candy frosting.

95f4b6e81f3538eb079126e0637d0465.jpg

Reaction score
I love any buttercream frosting and a friends daughter is a cupcake afficienado. One day she presented me with a cupcake with sort of a baby elephant pink and I could not place the flavor. Turne out it was "bubblegum" but alas she would not give me the recipe.

Reaction score
LOL you can make your own as well. Buy the maple flavoring and mix it with the frosting of your choice. I use it with butter cream frosting and it turns out pretty darn good. I have never actually seen it in stores on the shelves. What brand carries it? I will make sure to look for it. :)

You know, it's obvious now that you say it, but I had never thought of just making it like that :D

I meant that a bunch of places will have maple flavored things, like cookies or whatever, not specifically frosting. Like there's a place near my old work that would roll out maple glazed biscotti now and then, so tasty.

Reaction score
You know, it's obvious now that you say it, but I had never thought of just making it like that :D

I meant that a bunch of places will have maple flavored things, like cookies or whatever, not specifically frosting. Like there's a place near my old work that would roll out maple glazed biscotti now and then, so tasty.

Oh yes the maple flavor in general I see. :oops: There is one place that has the bear claws with a bit of maple flavored frosting on them. Oh how I love them when I see them.

Reaction score
Someone pinned this image on Pinterest with no recipe or website linked. I've got to find out how to make that blue cotton candy frosting.

95f4b6e81f3538eb079126e0637d0465.jpg

Shellyann, those flavors are from Duncan Hines, the frosting creations packets. They are in the frosting section. Dh had a contest a while back, and I had a chance to sample them. The frosting is horrible, very gummy.... you dump the packet into the frosting, stir and decorate. I found that using the packets in other things, like candy coating, or dumping into a cake mix, then it was ok. The flavor of the flavor packet and the frosting together was horrible. But the packets are cool

Reaction score
Ah I was about to ask for these frosting.

As packets they look really cool and would be worth as a part of a desserts table.

Reaction score
Cherry frosting on white or yellow cake is delicious! I'd love to try a cream cheese based frosting in a cherry flavor.

Reaction score
I love different flavors for frosting.

I do not have recipes, but I have tried, Amaretto flavored frosting, Banana flavored frosting, and Almond flavored frosting.

On all three occasions, they came from a Baker that specialized in making different flavors.

The Almond flavored frosting cake, also had a filling that included cut up fresh cherries in the middle. This cake was a dream.

Reaction score
The middle one looks like something really unappetizing. I've heard of these quick frosting flavor mix and stray away from them. If I want to have a different flavor then I will pop out my extracts.

Reaction score
Shellyann, those flavors are from Duncan Hines, the frosting creations packets. They are in the frosting section. Dh had a contest a while back, and I had a chance to sample them. The frosting is horrible, very gummy.... you dump the packet into the frosting, stir and decorate. I found that using the packets in other things, like candy coating, or dumping into a cake mix, then it was ok. The flavor of the flavor packet and the frosting together was horrible. But the packets are cool

I must agree with this post. The packets are awesome, can be used for other things, but the icing is pretty bad. Maybe if you make homemade icing: butter, powdered sugar, touch of vanilla, and then add the flavors, it may be good. I have used the cinnamon in a cake mix and it was nice. I have a few other packets lying around I need to use, there are a lot of flavors!

Reaction score
I find most packaged desert makings, particularly for things like frosting, are way too sweet. I figure they're afraid people will feel cheated if the flavor isn't super-intense.

But I like the idea of using them as an ingredient for something else, where the effect will be diluted a little.

Reaction score
I have to go with the cotton candy flavored icing that my friend made last year. It is creative and absolutely delicious!

Reaction score
When my mom makes strawberry pop cake, she mixes whip cream and pudding. It tastes very yummy, but still not anything spectacular.

Ask a Question