What kitchen tool or gadget could you not do without?

Reaction score
I love my handheld electric Kitchen Aid mixer! I use it far more than any other gadget in my kitchen and it has great control. Most people prefer the stand up, but I like being able to have hand control over my batters and frostings.

I read a lot of posts about juicers and that is the next appliance I will eventually purchase. I really want to be able to make tasty and healthy drinks for my family.

Reaction score
I'm not a baker, but whenever my mother makes me help her bake, I cannot absolutely do it without my own set of knives.

I've organized every knife in the house as to how I use them and as to what kind of cuts I need for every type of job. I become paranoid and irritated whenever they become misplaced, or if someone uses a knife wrong, haha!

Reaction score
In terms of equipment I absolutely love my hand mixer. It is durable, easy to clean and I can use it for multiple projects whether baking or cooking. If we're talking about a tool I love my spatula, I use it every time I bake.

Reaction score
I had an Oster blender that I used for over 25 yrs. My husband gave it to me the first Christmas we were married. I gave it to one of my daughters along with a number of attachments I had accumulated for it over the years about five years ago. It finally gave up the ghost and she had to replace it. It was the old avocado green color.

Reaction score
I havent been on here for a while, but since my last post I have purchased a bread maker. I love this machine. I make a fresh loaf every other day. I haven't purchased a loaf from a shop in 3 months. It certainly prevents me from worrying if the Supermarket shelves are empty of bread when the winter months come and people panic buy

Reaction score
Life for me would be just lifeless without my blender; i can't imagine what life would be like without my smoothies and power shakes.

Reaction score
It's a simple thing, but I like my silicone spatula bowl scraper thingy because it gets every last bit of batter out of the bowl. I can never get the same result with a spoon.

Reaction score
The blender, no idea what I'd do without the blender. I use it on a daily basis, if my blender broke I'd be in big trouble! The blender is definitely the kitchen item I use the most, apart from the big spoons and the pans.

Reaction score
I would have a hard time without my coffee grinder. It doubles as a spice grinder on occasion. I would hate to have to grind my beans at the store and then have them be sitting there already ground for weeks before I finish them.

Reaction score
An avid coffee drinker, heh? =D I know someone in my family who would have replied the exact same! This person can't survive without the morning coffee, as well as the evening and night ones ;) As for me? I drink it once or twice a month ;)

Reaction score
Do you guys think an immersion blender is useful? Someone gave me a stick blender but I question whether I'll use it often enough to justify another piece of clutter. Do you guys get use out of stick blenders? I see people on TV using them to make soup but that's all I can think of.

Reaction score
I couldn't live without an electric hand mixer!

I really don't like having too mix by hand so an electric hand mixer is a lifesaver!

Reaction score
If we are talking baking then it's my hand held mixer that I've had around for years. It's easy to use and clean and since my baking is usually in small quantities it works out just fine. I hate dealing with big pieces of equipment with lots of detachments. It's a big turn off for me. I like easy in, easy out.

Ask a Question