What to do with Almond Butter?

Reaction score
I think I am in the minority when I say that I cannot stand peanut butter. It’s not the texture. I can eat peanuts, and they are fine. It is just something about the taste of peanut butter that I do not, nor have ever appreciated. Recently, I was at my local grocery store, and I found a single serve package of almond butter, so I decided to pick up a package. Usually, the regular jars of almond butter are so expensive, so I didn’t want to pick up a whole jar in the fear of not liking it. After trying almond butter, however, I finally realized what all you peanut butter lovers have been raving about for years. Almond butter is fantastic! I have been eating it in the morning, putting it on my English muffin. The extra protein really helps me stay full until lunch . Does anyone have any great recipes that you use almond butter for in baking? I would love to make cupcakes, or frosting out of the almond butter. I am afraid of substituting almond butter for peanut butter in some recipes I have found, as I think they have two completely different tastes. Thanks!

Reaction score
Court268 my sister has fallen in love with almond butter as well. Even though she likes peanut butter she says she'll head for the other every time. I've used it, but not regularly. (I like peanut butter) I've a huge fan of dry roasted almonds, though. They have so many good nutrients! Anyway, my sister's quite the cook so I'll check with her to see if she's used the almond butter in any of her recipes. If you like the flavor that well, though, what's the harm in trying it as a substitute for peanut butter? It makes sense to me that, if you like the flavor straight out of the jar, you'd also like it mixed in with other things.

Reaction score
This is kind of funny because I'm the opposite! I love the taste of peanut butter I actually crave it a bit from time to time. I have tasted Almond butter after hearing it was a better alternative to peanuts if you're allergic (which isn't my problem) but if I eat too much I can start to gain too much weight. So I tried it and I have to say that I personally don't care for it. Also there is a grainy texture that I don't particularity like, I enjoy the creaminess of peanut butter. But I'm glad you like it! :)

Reaction score
I don't think there should be much problem substituting almond butter for peanut butter in recipes; it doesn't matter much if the tastes are different, what matters in a recipe is whether the physical properties of the ingredients are similar enough. I think you should be fine. Of course, please report back with your findings! I'm especially interested to hear how your almond butter frosting turns out.

Reaction score
This is kind of funny because I'm the opposite! I love the taste of peanut butter I actually crave it a bit from time to time. I have tasted Almond butter after hearing it was a better alternative to peanuts if you're allergic (which isn't my problem) but if I eat too much I can start to gain too much weight. So I tried it and I have to say that I personally don't care for it. Also there is a grainy texture that I don't particularity like, I enjoy the creaminess of peanut butter. But I'm glad you like it! :)

Mayvin, me too! Even though almonds are my all time favorite nut I like the flavor of peanut butter better than almond butter. Maybe because it's sweeter? I do like that I can now get all natural peanut butter that isn't grainy, because I didn't care for the graininess, even though I love the flavor. I do like, though, that almonds have so many health benefits.

Reaction score
I make almond butter pie,, I just substitute the almond butter for the peanut butter and it is great.

Almond butter sounds nice, but I've never tasted it. I recently bought some cashew nut butter - don't ask me why, just one of those whims! I didn't know what to do with for ages, so all I've done so far is have it on toast, which was quite nice but there must be something else to do with it.

Reaction score
Almond butter sounds nice, but I've never tasted it. I recently bought some cashew nut butter - don't ask me why, just one of those whims! I didn't know what to do with for ages, so all I've done so far is have it on toast, which was quite nice but there must be something else to do with it.
I would use it as butter in cakes or pastries. Sort of like flavoring, you know. I haven't purchased either, but I've heard so much about them. I keep looking for them because I had the idea to try them in pound cakes.

Reaction score
I would use it as butter in cakes or pastries. Sort of like flavoring, you know. I haven't purchased either, but I've heard so much about them. I keep looking for them because I had the idea to try them in pound cakes.

Thank you. I think I'll try that, and see how it turns out. I don't suppose it could be too much of a disaster, and you never know, I might actually make one of those happy little discoveries. ;)

Ask a Question