Which one should I use: Instant Yeast or Active Yeast

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I want to learn baking banana bread at home, but when I choose dry yeast, have trouble: I don't know which one is better for baking banana bread? Is there anyone can help me?

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I want to learn baking banana bread at home, but when I choose dry yeast, have trouble: I don't know which one is better for baking banana bread? Is there anyone can help me?

Hello, welcome to the forum. Banana bread doesn’t contain yeast because it’s a quick bread. Meaning it’s a batter rather than a dough. It’s leavened with baking powder and/or baking soda. It doesn’t require kneading or a rise. It’s baked as soon as the batter is mixed

Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum. Banana bread doesn’t contain yeast because it’s a quick bread. Meaning it’s a batter rather than a dough. It’s leavened with baking powder and/or baking soda. It doesn’t require kneading or a rise. It’s baked as soon as the batter is mixed

Thanks for you! I am a beginner to start baking. so.....you know, sometimes, will make a mistake. okay, I will use baking soda to make banana bread. Thanks for your good advice.

Reaction score
Thanks for you! I am a beginner to start baking. so.....you know, sometimes, will make a mistake. okay, I will use baking soda to make banana bread. Thanks for your good advice.

No worries— we all started out as beginners. And what we call things can be very confusing. When we say bread we assume it should be made like bread. But it’s different.

There are so many different types of years they can be very confusing. Throughout European countries and some Asian countries fresh cake used is available. It’s really some of the best yeast.

When using fresh yeast you must use more of it. For 120 g of flour you use 38g fresh cake yeast.

For dry yeast for 120 g of flour you use 7 g dry yeast.

In the US they have dry yeast, instant yeast, and yeast for bread machines.

Dry yeast is a strain that develops more slowly. So you use instant dry yeast when you have a long fermentation time. If your daughter needs to rest in the refrigerator overnight you would use dry yeast.

Instant yeast is a strain of yeast that develops very quickly. If you are mixing dough to use in the next few hours you would use the instant yeast. You would not use it in a dough that you’re going to rest overnight or longer in the refrigerator.

Please feel free to ask questions. We hope to hear about your baking projects.

Ask a Question