Any good green tea recipes?

Reaction score
Okay folks I'm going through that stage of baking where you hone in one one flavoring and add it to as many desserts as you can. I'm currently fixated on green tea. I recently purchased a huge can of matcha and it wasn't cheap. Being so I'd like to know if you guys have any green tea recipes you think are super delicious. I've decided to consult a forum because I recently made a green tea panna cotta off a recipe website and I was less than thrilled with the result. I don't want to waste anymore of my precious matcha *cries*.

Reaction score
You can keep it simple and do matcha pancakes, matcha souffle, matcha cookies, and cakes!
One thing about matcha though is it's quite dry, so you need to keep that in mind if you are adding matcha to your regular recipes. For cookies, I have done shortbread cookies and simply took out some cornstarch and replaced with matcha powder. The result turned out great!
One website I like for matcha recipes are: Just One Cookbook
If you google that one, she's got a good list of different matcha recipes for you to try
Have fun!

Ask a Question