Are you baking from memory?

Reaction score
Interesting I should see this today. I made my banana bread two days ago and while I was pretty sure I had it covered, I still ended up peeping at the recipe. I think if you are baking something weekly like I was with the banana bread, it sticks.

Reaction score
I have a few recipes memorized, those I bake most often or are simplest. I would also love to get away from needing to rely on a device or printed sheet, but I think there's too much other clutter in my brain. :)

Reaction score
For really simple items, I will sometimes wing it. I also don't mind flying by the seat of my pants if I'm the only one who'll be eating the end product, but if it's going to be shared, or especially if it's for a holiday, I will at least have the recipe available as a reference. I do the same thing with regard to taking a picture of the recipe, then I'll place the tablet on the table in case I need it. Sometimes I'll just make quick notes in my henscratch writing, but I've learned to be careful with that, because I almost messed up a recipe doing so recently.

NOTE/HINT The picture taking is also very handy when unplugging electronic components if you're not well versed in what gets plugged in where. It's simple to snap a picture, then if you're hooking them back up and get confused, you can refer to the picture.

Ask a Question