As A Baker, Do You Ever Buy Mass Produced Baked Goods?

Reaction score
I'd say Half and Half. I bake a good deal; but I buy and acquire even more. So I'd put the ratio closer to 40/60 probably, I don't have as much time as I used to.

Reaction score
My cupboards full of them. I love to bake and cook but I don't always have the time. Its very convenient and they don't taste too bad. It just bothers me not knowing what's in it

Reaction score
Sometimes yes. I will get a slice of gluten free banana or zucchini bread at a coffee shop I frequent from time to time. I do not have the time and money to make those kinds of things at home right now, and I only want to be eating that as a treat now and then, so I just support the shop and get a little now and then. They are made by a local bakery though, so they aren't mass produced the way Hostess or Mrs. Freshly's is.

Reaction score
I admit I just bought some doughnuts/pastries (fake, not freshly made, mass produced) in the box for cheap easy treats. Most times I'd just make a base croissant and let it cool and glaze it with sugar and sprinkles and eat them for cheap snacks.

Reaction score
Actually we seldom buy mass baked produced goods. It is only when we feel like eating that we buy and stock for a few days while we have the appetite eating baked items.

Reaction score
Of course - sometimes I will be so short on time for a get together that store bought baked goods are all I can muster! I don't think there's any shame in that. I like to bake my own when I can because I just like the taste of home made, but in a pinch it's nice to just be able to grab something from the store rather than worrying about baking something from scratch that's going to be time consuming.

Ask a Question