Birthday Cakes for a limited budget

Reaction score
My son is turning four this year, and I would like to bake him a birthday cake. However, I am on a limited budget,and am unable to bake him anything too fancy. I'm aiming to bake something for $12.00 or under. I know this probably sounds like a stretch, but there was some serious downsizing this year, and I've had to cutback considerably. Still, I want to bake something my son will enjoy.

Any help anyone on this message board can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Todd

Reaction score
You can really do a lot with box mixes. They are fairly inexpensive! I don't know your son's flavor preference, but I have a delicious recipe my family loves and it can be done using a box mix.
You could buy a chocolate cake mix, instant oreo pudding, and whipped cream.
Bake the cake as directed on the box. Once it cools, poke holes in the cake and add four cups of milk to the instant oreo pudding. Pour the pudding in the holes of the cake. Let it set in the fridge for an hour or so. Top it with whip cream and you have a moist, chocolate oreo cake! It is very delicious!

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the helpful advice, Smlewis! Will definitely incorporate your advice in planning my son's birthday!

Thanks again!

Ask a Question