Blackberry Pie

Reaction score
Blackberry pie is one of my all time favorites and I especially love it because the kids and I pick the berries ourselves in July when they are good and ripe. Do any of you make this pie, and do you use store bought or fresh berries?

Reaction score
Blackberry pie is one of my all time favorites and I especially love it because the kids and I pick the berries ourselves in July when they are good and ripe. Do any of you make this pie, and do you use store bought or fresh berries?
My daughter and I make it, but we call ours a cobbler. In fact, it's made more like a cobbler than a pie (layers of dough).

Reaction score
That's a delicious idea, and a truly memorable experience to have with your kids. That's one of the main reasons I'm planting fruit trees before the baby is born. We don't have blackberries here though, which is such a pity, so if I ever want to make a traditional pie, it will have to be from store-bought berries.

Reaction score
I second the blackberry cobbler! It's quicker easier than making a double crust pie which means you get to eat it sooner (with vanilla ice cream for me!)

Ask a Question