Bread Types

Reaction score
Hi there! I have just started baking properly and my first experiment was with a plain white loaf. This turned out rather well (I think!) and I am keen to try making other sorts of bread, ideally something fairly simple ish. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Well, if you can make a regular white bread loaf well, then you can start doing variations of the recipe. To make a cinnamon raisin bread, simply add a bit of cinnamon and some raisins to it. You can make a delicious egg bread by reducing the amount of milk you use by just a little and adding an egg (and you can even add some onions to it).
You can't be afraid to test things out. Look at other breads in the stores and see if you can't find a way to replicate those you like. That's how I get some of my best ideas. I'm thinking of either making my next bread with a bit of cornmeal replacing some of the flour or getting a recipe for tomato bread like the loaf I saw when I went to that Panera Bread place my mother had a gift card for.

Ask a Question