Breakfast made in the crockpot or microwave

Reaction score
I found this recipe idea on Facebook, and I don't have the exact recipe, but it is a pretty simple and adaptable idea for an easy oatmeal breakfast.
The crockpot recipe was geared towards a family breakfast, and would feed several hungry people a filling meal. Since I was the only person that was going to eat oatmeal at my house, I decided to adapt it to the microwave, and sometimes even enjoy it for dinner.
The basic idea is to cut up apples into small chunks, add oatmeal, salt, raisins , cinnamon, cloves, brown sugar, and water, and then cook on low in the crockpot overnite.
In the morning , you have a delicious breakfast that tastes kind of like Apple crisp, but is good for you and your family.
Since I make it for just myself, I put everything into a microwaveable dish, and cook or for about 4 minutes. This makes a super fast and easy meal, or dessert treat any time you feel like one.

Reaction score
There are some great crock pot breakfast casseroles recipe online that I have also seen. They look interesting , but if you don't have a whole crowd of a , crock pot full breakfast is way too much. I think I will try your microwave idea that way I can reduce the portions.

Reaction score
This sounds so good! I was just thinking yesterday about making oatmeal in my crockpot! Thank you!

Reaction score
I have seen some small crock pots that may just be the right size for me. I really want to try this out I like the idea of having breakfast ready in the morning.

Reaction score
I never really thought of using my crockpot for breakfast before. I have only ever used it for dinner items, so this gives me a lot of good research ideas. My whole family loves oatmeal and so I am sure they would love the mock apple crisp.

Reaction score
Wow, great of you to share that. I can already see these are going to be timesavers in my house. I love meals in a crockpot because there is hardly any actual cooking involved.

Ask a Question