Brrr!! Baby, it's cold outside!

Reaction score
We've only been getting up to the teens for the last few days and it is below zero at night. We have some snow on the ground with more in the forecast! What is your weather like?

I do like the cold and snow though because it makes me want to bake more!!! LOL!! And, my 15 year old daughter is really into baking now so we seem to be finding and trying out more recipes. Yay!!

I've been sick and she even cooked dinner for me last night!! :)

Reaction score
Wow, I thought we had it bad. Our temps are in the 30 right now, which is cold for this time of year. I agree though that the cold weather does make you want to bake more. I think I will be making some cookies this weekend.

Reaction score
My weather is freezing, its been in the 30's over here. Its been crazy and old, and we are expecting snow on Sunday night. Stay Warm

Reaction score
In Miami, we freak out and get uncomfortable when the temperature goes to 50 degrees because we're so used to warm weather that a sudden cold snap is a shock.
Last week it was in the 50's and we turned the heat on. My tropical plants outside started to die almost immediately from the sudden cold snap.
This week, all of a sudden, it's warm again. You can't count on seasons in Miami.

Reaction score
Man sometimes I wish I lived in an area that snows...but I have had so many people tell me that it's not as fun as I think it is.

I think I have this "romanticized" idea of what it's like to live in the snow. It's like...filled with beautiful falling snow, cuddles, warm fireplace, and a hot drink. But it gets pretty cold where I am (no snow though) so I guess I have SOME of that :p

Reaction score
It is super cold here right now, especially for this time of year! Our lows for the next few days are going to be in the teens, but no chance of snow this time!

Reaction score
It's still cold here in Miami and I've been sick for 2 weeks. I actually miss the normal heat that I used to complain about because I can't get rid of this cough.

Reaction score
Get better soon! I know how that is. I had a cold for two months. Took forever to shake the cough and sore throat. I finally started taking cold ezze. Even though my cold had already started I took it anyway and it seemed to help. Hope you get some rest. :)

Reaction score
Last year I was in Massachusetts and it was cold and snowy, this year I'm in the UK and it's cold and windy, but no snow. I do find the US heating systems quite strange as they don't heat the houses very well with vents. In the UK we have central heating and it's so much better. It makes a difference. I know people in the US have wood stoves, but they take maintenance and you can't switch them on and off. I was always afraid of them!

Reaction score
We had a cold front come in at the beginning of the month, but now it is just rainy and windy each night. Dies not look like we will have a white Christmas this year.

Reaction score
Its getting pretty cold in Texas these days, I'm just waiting to see what Christmas day will bring. It will be the second Christmas since I've moved here that it didn't snow, but the years before that it definitely snowed.

Reaction score
The weather over here seems to be changing, it was quite cold a few weeks ago, but now it seems to be getting a bit warmer. I honestly love it when isn't so cold, just a normal winter (no snow for us), but I totally dislike our summers here... they're so hot!

Reaction score
We have not had any snow at all this winter and it is strange. That is global warming for you I guess. The weather has warmed up here slightly too. I am so over winter and ready for spring to finally rear it's head.

Reaction score
Our temps go up and down, we have had some dustings of snow. I'm not a big fan of the cold only because my hands really get chapped and it's painful. If it wasn't for that problem I would enjoy the cold season more. Living up so close to the mountains and seeing snow on them even though we don't have any is really pretty.

Reaction score
5 degrees outside right now. Brrrr! -7 with wind chill, wind is gusty. In some parts I could throw up a glass of steaming hot water and it'd freeze before it hit the ground. Man, I miss spring/summer and being able to plant and garden and cook outside.

Reaction score
Lucky for me, lol. I am existing in the US Virgin Islands and the climate here is warm lasting through the year. We are in the month of February and its a little cold and blustery, but other than that I don't have to stress about getting up in the mornings to shovel up a piled of snow or being stucked at home. :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Haha, I wish I could say the same.. I like tropical areas - sure you have your own problems, like storms and hurricanes and things, but I'd trade them off for my tornadoes/snowstorms in the fall/winter. I assume you still have rainy seasons and get drowned in waters for days at a time, or it's more likely to rain since it's an island. But man, when you've lived where I have all of your life you want a change of pace!

Oh yeah, it's a heatwave here! It's a whole 20 degrees outside, 15 with wind chill.. beautiful. Brrrr

Reaction score
It is the end of March in North Alabama. After a week of temps very close to the 80's, we were hit with a reminder of Winter,,, WAIT,,, I thought Spring had arrived!! We have had the high 20's at night for the last couple of nights so plants had to be covered to protect them and the heat turned back on. Hopefully, this is our last cold spell, but if the weather stays true to form, we may get one last freeze. I do not like to plant anything until the end of April due to our unreliable weather.

Reaction score
Wow!! We don't get to plant until late May/early June. Last year we didn't plant until mid June - which meant the stuff we planted didn't have much time at all to grow! We've actually had a very mild February and March - no snow! We will probably get another storm too but it probably won't last long. It's been a weird winter this year for sure!

Reaction score
It's still snowing here and the official day of spring since has came and passed. Nothing new on this end to report, just PA in the states being PA in the states LOL.

I hope I can to enjoy outside soon. Being cooped up like this is killing me.

Ask a Question