Chewy Muddy Buddies? (Puppy Chow?)

Reaction score
Hello! A friend of mine made the chex muddy buddies, and they were amazingly chewy but still the crunchy muddy buddies everyone knows and loves! By chewy I mean that they were like big clusters of regular crunchy muddy buddies but with a bunch of chewy chocolate and peanut butter holding it all together! It was delicious and different and I really want to make them! But sadly me and this friend are no longer on speaking terms at the moment... Does anyone know how this could possibly be done? I've tried using less chex and more chocolate/peanut butter, but it doesn't have the same result. I'm wondering if maybe she did something wrong, like possibly burned the chocolate when melting it or something? Because she claimed it was just the regular recipe from the back of the Rice Chex box!

Reaction score
If you figure it out, let us know as they sound amazing. I have always loved muddy buddies, but I think chewy cluster ones would be even better.

Reaction score
Hi Brenden,
I have seen recipes with caramel bits and/or chopped up candy bars. Snickers, Milk Way or Twix would make for yummy chewy clumps. Could this have been what was going on in there?
Maybe there is a new recipe on the Chex box???
Good luck and please keep us posted. Yum!

Reaction score
Did it haveany caramel flavor to it? I think a drizzle of caramel sauce might do that. It's pretty sticky and chewy stuff.

Reaction score
I would love the recipe if you could every wrestle it away from your friend. I did a little looking around online, but was not able to find anything related to clustery muddy buddies. I am going to have to go and buy some Chex now because I am craving muddy buddies bad!

Reaction score
Hello! A friend of mine made the chex muddy buddies, and they were amazingly chewy but still the crunchy muddy buddies everyone knows and loves! By chewy I mean that they were like big clusters of regular crunchy muddy buddies but with a bunch of chewy chocolate and peanut butter holding it all together! It was delicious and different and I really want to make them! But sadly me and this friend are no longer on speaking terms at the moment... Does anyone know how this could possibly be done? I've tried using less chex and more chocolate/peanut butter, but it doesn't have the same result. I'm wondering if maybe she did something wrong, like possibly burned the chocolate when melting it or something? Because she claimed it was just the regular recipe from the back of the Rice Chex box!
When I make it I just eyeball everything but the clusters come from not using as much powdered sugar!

Ask a Question