Mississippi Mud Pie (aka Muddy Mississippi Cake)

Reaction score
6037_110210_mudpie_hd.jpg

http://www.marthastewart.com/348641/mississippi-mud-pie-aka-muddy-mississippi-cake

I pinned this yesterday, doesn't it look incredibly delicious? I love chocolate and this cake looks to die for!

Reaction score
I am definitely going to prepare it, @ChesterV What do you drink when you eat it? A plain glass of milk or something more special? I'm dying to try all those new recipes I've found!

Reaction score
I am definitely going to prepare it, @ChesterV What do you drink when you eat it? A plain glass of milk or something more special? I'm dying to try all those new recipes I've found!

I usually don't drink anything when I eat sweets, unless it's cake. Then I drink something that will go with what I'm eating.

For me, the taste of Dr. Pepper (DP10) goes really good with anything chocolate. If not that, then I drink water, tea, or coffee.....but usually nothing at all.

Reaction score
That looks like what I would call DANGEROUSLY good. All the things I love in one recipe - yum! I think I could only handle making this for a special occasion where others would eat it - if I had it at home I don't think I could exercise the self control to stop at one piece!!

Reaction score
Same here, @cupcakechef ! I'd definitely never do it if it was just me and my mom the ones eating it :p Because well, it's not like I need the extra weight right now and I totally love chocolate. This amazing cake sounds like a caloric bomb though, but I think it's perfect for when you have guests

Reaction score
I usually don't drink anything when I eat sweets, unless it's cake. Then I drink something that will go with what I'm eating.

For me, the taste of Dr. Pepper (DP10) goes really good with anything chocolate. If not that, then I drink water, tea, or coffee.....but usually nothing at all.

Interesting :) I guess I should find what goes well with everything. I love crazy combinations, wished more people talked about this kind of things or made suggestions at the end of every recipe.

Reaction score
Same here, @cupcakechef ! I'd definitely never do it if it was just me and my mom the ones eating it :p Because well, it's not like I need the extra weight right now and I totally love chocolate. This amazing cake sounds like a caloric bomb though, but I think it's perfect for when you have guests
Naughty, naughty you putting that temptation in front of us. It definitely looks DANGEROUSLY good to borrow @cupcakechef expression. I have to examine it closely to see if it's I could ever attempt.

Reaction score
Naughty, naughty you putting that temptation in front of us. It definitely looks DANGEROUSLY good to borrow @cupcakechef expression. I have to examine it closely to see if it's I could ever attempt.

Do you think your husband and son would like it? Because I am guessing you'd not eat it yourself, right? Because of your diabetes, I mean. I don't want to try this one anytime soon because I still need to lose weight :( But it looks really easy, perfect for when you want to impress your guests ;)

Ask a Question