Coconut Cake Recipe?

Reaction score
Years ago.....YEEEEEARS ago.....I mean possibly over 10 years ago....I made some snowmen similar to these for my mom and siblings. I don't eat sweets but I always loved baking. I used the recipe from a magazine I had with the snowmen on the cover. I'm not sure if it was Family Circle or Kitchen something (the mag's title). They loved them. My mom loved them and every once in a while she brings them up (she loves coconut).

It had coconut in the batter, and then coconut for the snow, and then donut holes for the heads. We became estranged about seven years ago and in August it's been a year since we've been talking again. I was thinking of making them for her this Xmas but can't find that magazine. I mean I still have storage area to look thru but was wondering if anyone here had it or had a similar one that is also very goof tasting.

coconut-snowmen.jpg

Reaction score
Oh my!! Look at that little ''snow'' man!! It looks so cute and pretty! Looks so simple, but I think that's the beauty of it. I hope someone can help you out, I don't know any good coconut cake recipes (my family is not a big fan of coconut). I hope you do find it, and I am glad to hear you are talking with them again :)

Reaction score
Oh! That looks interesting and amazing! I am just curious what kind of coconut is used for this kind of cake....fresh grated coconut or desiccated coconut? :)

Reaction score
Well, in the recipe I used I remember having used the store bought coconut. I went thru an old box but still haven't come across the magazine. Have another box in storage. Hope it's there.

Reaction score
Oh, of course!!! I really want to because my mom loved it so much. I mean, this was YEARS ago and she mentioned it to me a few months ago. So I will definitely share! :)

Reaction score
Shoot, I looked around and couldn't find one. I saw one that looks almost identical to your picture, but it was Martha Stewart's site, and was made from 3 scoops of ice cream, then coated with coconut. I hope you share it if you find it. I love coconut, and they look really cute.

Reaction score
I love it just where it is. Right there to look at. I doubt I'd attempt this as I feel sure my snowman would come tumbling down before I could set him up. I love, love coconut myself but I would stand a better chance with Martha's icecream.

Ask a Question