Cookies from scratch?

Reaction score
Okay, I honestly feel like I don't belong on this forum because the truth is, I don't know how to bake at all! I used to bake ready mixes with my siblings and at times, we would simply just purchase frozen cookie dough.

However, I want to learn how to make cookies from scratch. Any simple recipes you guys can share with me? Any type of cookies would do!

Thank you, and I'm sorry for being such a newbie!

Reaction score
haha it's okay, cookies are a pretty simple start, maybe try with...

Ingredients:
  • 225g (8oz) butter, softened
  • 110g (4oz) Caster sugar
  • 275g (10oz) Plain flour
  • Optional
  • Add one teaspoon of spices (cinnamon, mixed spice, ginger, etc)
  • 75g White or Milk chocolate chips
Instructions:
    1. Preheat the oven at 170oC (375oF) or gas mark 3.
    2. Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until it is soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
    3. Sift the flour into the mixture and add optional ingredients. Bring the mixture together in a figure of eight until it forms a dough.
    4. Using your hands, make walnut sized balls and place them slightly apart from eachother on a tray (You don't need to grease or line a tray). Flatten the balls with the back of a fork and bake them in the oven for around 15 mins until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top.
    5. Place the cookies onto a cooling rack and leave them there for around 15 mins. Once cool serve.

The cinnamon really makes the kitchen smell SO GREAT!

Ask a Question