Cranberry Pistachio Scones

Reaction score
I always make something with at least a little green in it for St. Patrick's Day, and I think this year it will probably be these Cranberry Pistachio Scones. I still have plenty of Craisins on hand, so that's not a problem. The issue is, trying to remember to purchase pistachio nuts. I don't live very close to the stores, so forgetting an item usually means doing without it for a while, but pistachios are one of my favorite nuts, so hopefully I'll remember to buy them.

I've made a lot of scones this year, and at least a few batches had cranberries/Craisins, but I've never combined them with pistachios, so I'm interested to see how they turn out, and what the flavor combination tastes like.
cranberry pistachio scones.jpg

Reaction score
Oh my god, those scones look perfect!!!! I love dry cranberries and pistachios! What a wonderful way to mix two really healthy and wonderful things, I'd like to make some for breakfast :) My husband would thank me, I hope.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's now a recall on pistachios, so I'm not sure if they'll be available here when I make it to the store, probably on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully you can still get them where you are, and will be able to make these. If I can't purchase any right now, I'll probably still make them at some point when pistachios are available, since I love the idea of this flavor combination.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's now a recall on pistachios, so I'm not sure if they'll be available here when I make it to the store, probably on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully you can still get them where you are, and will be able to make these. If I can't purchase any right now, I'll probably still make them at some point when pistachios are available, since I love the idea of this flavor combination.

Oh really? I thought it was only the Trade Joe's brand? Don't tell me there are more involved D: ??? I was actually so terrified when I read the news days ago, I bought that brand of pistachio several times in the past D: Not sure I can ever trust it again.

Ask a Question