Cranberry, orange, and white chocolate oat cookies

Reaction score
I made these cookies today, and based them on a recipe I've posted here before: Vegan oat cookies

Here's the version I did today:

170g oats
100g golden caster sugar
100g plain flour
100g coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Grated zest of 4 clementines
Small handful of white chocolate chips
Small handful of dried cranberries

1. Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan)
  2. Mix together the oats, sugar, zest, and flour, Meanwhile melt the coconut oil and add the golden syrup.
  3. Combine 2 tbsp hot water with 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda and add to the melted oil and syrup, then add this to the dry ingredients.
  4. Mix well, and add the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Roll into walnut size balls, and space out on a lined baking tray.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes until golden. They will be soft, so allow to harden a little before taking them off.
  6. Cool on a wire rack.
I made the mistake of not lining my baking tray and some of them stuck to the bottom, which was annoying. However, @Ian enjoyed getting to eat all the broken ones! :D

white choc cranberry oat cookies 1.PNG

white choc cranberry oat cookies 2.PNG

Ian said they were the best biscuits he's ever had - high praise indeed! Hopefully they'll survive until tomorrow so that we can share them with some friends :)

Reaction score
Those cookies look yummy. I used to love oatmeal raisin cookies with a tall
glass of milk. I tried to make a gluten free lace oatmeal cookie about a month ago. But it was tooo sweet for my taste. I find the white rice flours are too gritty as a gluten free replacement in most cookies. I’m wondering if almond flour might work in this recipe.

Ask a Question