Cupcake problem

Reaction score
Hi all I’m new to cupcakes and I’m frustrated with trying to make the perfect rose. I bought a 2D Wilton nozzle yet my rose is flat!!! Is it because the shop bought frosting isn’t the right consistency?

Attachments

• 293C9631-C9B4-493B-8EE1-AFAF260B0708.jpeg
    293C9631-C9B4-493B-8EE1-AFAF260B0708.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 87
Reaction score
Hi all I’m new to cupcakes and I’m frustrated with trying to make the perfect rose. I bought a 2D Wilton nozzle yet my rose is flat!!! Is it because the shop bought frosting isn’t the right consistency?

You definitely Get a better result by making your own icing. not only will it pipe better but it will taste significantly better.

I would strongly recommend Swiss meringue buttercream if you have a stand mixer.

American icing that’s made with powdered sugar and butter or a combination of powdered sugar, butter, and shortening is just too cloyingly sweet to eat.

This recipe for Swiss meringue buttercream is made the correct way by heating the egg whites to 160°F.

Ask a Question