Designing Bakery Labels!

Reaction score
Hi...
I'm in a bit of a pickle and could really use your expertise! I've recently started my own bakery business and I'm stuck on designing labels for my yummy creations. I want them to be both eye-catching and informative but I'm struggling to find that perfect balance.

Could you share some tips or ideas on what makes a great bakery label? What kind of information should I include to make sure my customers know exactly what they're getting? And if you've got any examples of labels from your own bakery business, I'd be over the moon to take a peek!

Thanks a million for your help. I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Reaction score
for branding
amazon is the cheapest for custom labels unless you buy sheets of blank stickers and print your own.
The best label is the one that answers all the questions, name of business and type of business , address and phone number or webpage.

Reaction score
amazon is the cheapest for custom labels unless you buy sheets of blank stickers and print your own.
The best label is the one that answers all the questions, name of business and type of business , address and phone number or webpage.
Thanks you so such for your guide,

Reaction score
Hi...
I'm in a bit of a pickle and could really use your expertise! I've recently started my own bakery business and I'm stuck on designing labels for my yummy creations. I want them to be both eye-catching and informative but I'm struggling to find that perfect balance.

Could you share some tips or ideas on what makes a great bakery label? What kind of information should I include to make sure my customers know exactly what they're getting? And if you've got any examples of labels from your own bakery business, I'd be over the moon to take a peek!

Thanks a million for your help. I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

1) you need to include all label information that is required by federal and state laws for your type of business. Most require at a minimum type of food, net weight, ingredients in descending order, manufacturer name and address. Depending on your distribution (onsite consumption vs offsite, you may be required to include nutrition information.

2) allergen information. Some food allergies can kill. Last month a young woman in New York with a life-threatening peanut allergy died after eating a cookie that was mislabeled. Not only did a woman die needlessly, but now the bakery that provided the cookies and the grocery store chain that sold them are being sued.

3) know your target customer. Customer expectations for packaging and logo design
is vastly different for an upscale bakery selling fine pastry than a grocery store quality bakery. One of my favorite coffee shops is run by a very talented pastry chef. Since it’s a coffee shop, no one cares that bakery orders are placed in a plain white bakery box. Ditto for a an award winning bakery like b. patisserie whose reputation is so highly regarded it can package in a simple white box.

4) logo design is branding, so when developing a design, create a design that reinforces the business concepts. Some examples of this approach below:

Bouchon’s boxes match the exterior color of their building, and the lettering is consistent on both building and packaging.

IMG_5048.jpeg

IMG_5049.jpeg

An upscale croissant bakery has the word “Layered” in its name; their box lettering is offset to suggest layers, and one side of the box is printed with stacked wavy lines, again suggesting “layers.”

IMG_5050.jpeg

Ask a Question