Do you prefer baking with a metal or glass pan?

Do you prefer baking with a metal or glass pan?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I suspect that metal pans might actually be a better conduit for heat, but I prefer glass pans because I'm too suspicious (because sometimes I'll get a huge urge to bake at least once a day and then go for months without even the urge to bake) that if I leave metal pans out that they'll find a way to rust on me.

Reaction score
I have always used metal and have never used glass unless it was for a 9x13 dish (because we don't have any 9x13 metal dishes at home haha). I don't really know what the difference between glass and metal pans are, maybe except how fast or slow things bake?

Reaction score
I'd say overall I prefer glass pans...I just find them easier to work with, personally, and better as far as even heating goes. I'll use metal pans, but they're not my first choice.

So JessiFox, you prefer glass for your cakes as well? I was surprise to find a glass baking pan in my cupboard. I don't even remember buying it. I must confess I thought of using it when I last baked but decided against it as it would have been a first.

Glad I saw this post.

Reaction score
I prefer glass. I don't like non-stick pans. I don't like non-stick cookware of any kind.

I have several glass pie dishes. I like to use them for my non-bake dishes especially cheesecake.

Reaction score
I think glass pie dishes are great to put out on the table, but I prefer metal because glass is so much heavier and there is more chance of it breaking or cracking than metal. So, for practical reasons metal, but glass is also good as you can put foil and cling film over it and out it in the fridge too, so if I expect any leftovers glass saves time!

Reaction score
I always prefer glass. It is so hard to find metal that is not coated with Teflon, which I know to be very toxic if it gets even a tiny scratch. When I have to use these kind of pans I usually line them with parchment paper to make sure what I am baking is free of Teflon chemicals that might try to leach into the food.

Ask a Question