Do You Still Play Your Old Consoles?

Reaction score
There are times where I become tired of playing my "next gen" or even PC games. During those times I would dust off the oldies and have mindless fun.

Do you still play your old consoles?

Reaction score
I would like to play them, but besides having not much time for gaming I found the other day that they are not longer working.

Last time I played with them was about 10 years ago and never touch them again but occasionally to check either game cartridges or CDs, but now none of them (Gameboy, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, PlayStation) run.

Well the only that works is the oldest, the Atari 2400. My sister says that not using them makes console stop working as if you were using them truly badly :|

Reaction score
We have a 1950's old Magnavox that still works, and some 1980's stuff hubby doesn't want to give up. We don't play anything on it, but we could, needles still work and all. Just might play them this season! good reminder!

Reaction score
One of my oldest gaming console is a atari. I haven't played the atari in a while actually. I may pull it out of the closet and play a few old games.

Reaction score
One of my oldest gaming console is a atari. I haven't played the atari in a while actually. I may pull it out of the closet and play a few old games.

OMG, I am so silly, when I hear console, I think music and turn tables... LOL. Silly me!
Hubby only has an XBox, but since his hand surgery he doesn't play much. No older games around...

Reaction score
What sticks in my mind about old consoles is the loading time - it seemed to take forever! Perhaps the fact that I was a lot younger and more impatient then didn't help either though... We've got a PS3 and recently got a Sega Megadrive collection of games. It's great fun - you can play all the classics but they don't take aaages to load! :D

Reaction score
A few years ago, I used to have an original Nintendo and would play Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3. The load time definitely seemed a lot longer than when I used to play it as a kid. I apparently was not used to being hardwired to the console because with our XBox, Wii, and Playstations, everything is wireless. I had the controller in my hand and went to go check on something in the other room and instead of setting it down, took it and the entire console with me breaking it in to pieces. It was truly a sad day! My husband won’t buy me another one until I prove I will not abuse the next one! HA!:p

Reaction score
The oldest console I have right now is a Sega Dreamcast from 1999 and I do play it. The Sega Dreamcast was the first console to have online play, so without the Dreamcast introducing internet console gaming, there wouldn't be Xbox Live or Playstation Network.

Reaction score
I love my Nintendo. The one that first came out a million years ago with Duck Hunt and Super Mario Brothers on it. There is nothing better than having a Tetris tournament on a rainy day. We don't actually own a new generation game console. I am not a fan of the games they have today.

Reaction score
I love playing on my PlayStation. I use to have a PlayStation2, but it got stolen so I am looking for a replacement. Until then I will play my PlayStation and PlayStation games.

Ask a Question