Double yolk eggs

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be making a cheesecake that calls for 4 large eggs. However right now all I have is double yolk eggs. Does anyone know how this will change the consistency of the cheesecake, if it can be done and how many eggs should I actually use? OR go out and buy the large eggs?

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be making a cheesecake that calls for 4 large eggs. However right now all I have is double yolk eggs. Does anyone know how this will change the consistency of the cheesecake, if it can be done and how many eggs should I actually use? OR go out and buy the large eggs?

It depends on the weight of the two yolks and the whites in each egg. If the balance of yolk and whites is changed it can have an adverse effect on the finished product. Yolks add fat; whites add mositure; both add structure.

If you have a scale, separate your yolks and whites. An average large egg without shell is between 50 grams and 53 grams.

The average yolk weighs between 18 grams and 20 grams. So 4 large eggs would have between 72 grams - 80 grams of yolk. So weight out yolks in that amount of yolks only.

An average large egg white weighs between 30 grams and 32 grams. So 4 large eggs would have between 120 grams - 128 grams of whites. So weigh out that amount of whites.

Ask a Question