Favorite Crockpot Recipes?

Reaction score
I decided to keep it simple with my crockpot today. I put a round roast some onions, potatoes and carrots in it with just a little bit of water and set it on low to cook. My house smells so good right now. I can't wait to eat.

Reaction score
We are from Arizona and our family loves Mexican food. One of our favorite crock pot meals consists of simply crocking (what's the word?!) a pork roast most of the day and adding diced green chile. Mix it up and serve with flour tortillas for green chile burros. Unbelievably easy and everyone loves it. You can also use a beef roast or chicken breast.

Reaction score
We are from Arizona and our family loves Mexican food. One of our favorite crock pot meals consists of simply crocking (what's the word?!) a pork roast most of the day and adding diced green chile. Mix it up and serve with flour tortillas for green chile burros. Unbelievably easy and everyone loves it. You can also use a beef roast or chicken breast.

Oh wow, I can practically taste that. I hadn't thought of using the pot to cook meat for tortilla-wrapped foods like that but it makes perfect sense.

Reaction score
A friend at work told me about bbq ribs in a crock pot. I was surprised I didn't know you could cook ribs in a crock pot. You put a dry rub on your ribs tge night before then you put some spicy bbq sauce on the ribs then put in the crock pot, set it on low then cook for eight hours. He said the meeat falls off the bone. I'm going to try it.

Reaction score
Ladies - sounds soooo good!!! Yum! :) I wish I could make all my meals in a crockpot! I love how simple it is! I guess I could really! I'm not sure why I feel like I am "cheating" when I do!!! LOL!!! I have a slew of recipes for the crock pot! I even get a weekly recipe email subscription just for crock pot recipes!!! I'm so glad it is cooler here now so I can use it more to make hot meals!
I might just have to do a roast today! Sounds good and dinner is done! No fretting at 4PM wondering what to have to dinner!!!
OOOOH, I could also make some of my frozen dinner rolls! Ok, off to cook! Catch you all later!! :)

Reaction score
My wife and I use the crock pot more and more lately. She's up early (5:00ish) and often times puts whatever meat we have in the freezer. Add some rice and bread in the evening and we have a great meal. My mom feels similarly about it being "cheating" but recently, she is also using her crock pot more often.

Reaction score
Oh dear - I am so sorry Brad!! I grouped you in with "the ladies"!!! Yikes! My apologies!!! I should look more closely at usernames!!! LOL
I really do love my crock pot!! But sometimes I think my family thinks "oh, no, not the crockpot again!" LOL :)
I actually put a roast in it this morning with some carrots, onions and baby potatoes!
Looking forward to it!
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reaction score
My favorite crock pot recipe is Buffalo Chicken pasta

Ingredients
Makes 6 servings (Increase/Decrease).
Preparation time is 15 min
  • 1 pound · Chicken breasts, bite-sized pieces
  • 1 can · Cream of chicken soup
  • ½ cup · Hot sauce, like for buffalo wings
  • 1 ½ cup · Shredded mozzarella cheese
  • ½ cup · Crumbled blue cheese
  • 3 cup · Uncooked penne pasta
  • 1 ½ cup · Sour cream

Directions

• 1 Season chicken with salt and pepper and put in crockpot.
  • 2 Add soup and hot sauce. Stir.
  • 3 Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
  • 4 Stir in cheeses and sour cream. Turn off crockpot.
  • 5 Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add to crockpot.
  • 6 Stir well and serve!
Taken from All cooks .com

Reaction score
My favorite crock pot recipe is Buffallo Chicken pasta

Ingredients
Makes 6 servings (Increase/Decrease).
Preparation time is 15 min
  • 1 pound · Chicken breasts, bite-sized pieces
  • 1 can · Cream of chicken soup
  • ½ cup · Hot sauce, like for buffalo wings
  • 1 ½ cup · Shredded mozzarella cheese
  • ½ cup · Crumbled blue cheese
  • 3 cup · Uncooked penne pasta
  • 1 ½ cup · Sour cream

Directions

• 1 Season chicken with salt and pepper and put in crockpot.
  • 2 Add soup and hot sauce. Stir.
  • 3 Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
  • 4 Stir in cheeses and sour cream. Turn off crockpot.
  • 5 Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add to crockpot.
  • 6 Stir well and serve!
Taken from All cooks .com

Do you know an alternative for the blue cheese because my stomach can not handle it and I would love to make this recipe.

Reaction score
NThomas - this sounds really good! Do you have any idea if it is really spicy? My husband will do spicy but I can't handle as much as he can. Just wondering if you've made it? I'm assuming so................LOL!
Also, I would probably make with chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) - they are my favorite as chicken breasts always seem to be too dry!
Looking forward to your answers because it really sounds yummy and like something my family would enjoy!
Thanks!! :)

Ask a Question