What's your favorite thing to bake for others?

Reaction score
For me, it depends on the recipient. I occasionally will bake something for my mom, but since she lives across the country, I only bake things that will last while being transported, obviously, and that will still be good for at least a few more days after she receives them. That's usually things like molasses cookies or hermits, and occasionally other cookies or brownies. I also sometimes send cookies or brownies to a friend who also lives in another part of the country and that's usually oatmeal cookies or brownies. Sometimes I'll make cookies or quick breads/muffins for neighbors, especially at the holidays. A neighbor offered to mow my lawn later today, and I'm going to bake him a batch of brownies as a thank you.

What about you? Are there particular dishes that you enjoy sharing with others?

Reaction score
I am new to baking, and so far all I've tried are chocolate chip cookies and some scones. They didn't turn out too bad, but I don't think I'll be baking for anybody just yet. Maybe in a couple of months, after I've had enough time to practice and test out a few recipes.

Reaction score
I usually go with things that are shareable for gifting - cupcakes, brownies, things that are already individually portioned - that way it's easy to also share them with members of the persons family!

Reaction score
For me, I love to make others cupcakes! I don't mind making other things such as cakes or cookies, but cupcakes are definitely a favorite! I love how easy they are to make, as well as decorating them. I love making them look presentable. Its more of a hobby!

Reaction score
Well I would just have to go to with the thing I make the best, and that would be my apple crisp. I got this one from my mother, who got it from her mother and so on and so on, so it is one of those that I just really enjoy making, and that means it usually comes out better than other things that I make. Kind of makes me want some right about now.

Reaction score
We bake cassava cake for giving as either gift or share in pot luck gatherings. Our cassava cake is an original recipe so those who liked it would always request for us to bring whenever there is an opportunity like a reunion or any occasion. As they say, they can only taste the best cassava cake whenever we would bring it to the occasion. But for Christmas time, we beg off because there's too much work during the holidays and we have no more time to bake.

Ask a Question