Best Food Processor Brands and Usage Frequency

Reaction score
I never really used food processors until recently and now I seem to use it every day. How often do you use them and what's your favorite brand?

Reaction score
I never thought of having a favorite brand, as I never thought to buy a food processor until I found a Hamilton Beach food processor at discount price in Walmart.

I mostly use it to chop onion and other vegetable, because it saves loads of time and hassle.

Other than this, I don't see it like a cooking appliance that is totally necessary in my kitchen.

Reaction score
My household usually just buy brands that come from the US or Japan (if possible) and if they're on sale. We DO have a Hamilton Beach food processor as well (though, I'm not sure where it was made, I was very young when my parents purchased it, so I wouldn't care). It works great though and we've had it for over many years, we haven't had a problem with it since the day we bought it! I haven't used it in a while though.

Reaction score
I've been debating getting a full fledged electric food processor. It's kind of come down to me either getting one of those, or getting a Kitchenaid stand mixer instead. I don't want to take up the counter space with both. I'm leaning towards the mixer though, because I do currently have a Kitchen King Pro manual food processor.

My parents ordered one online a while back and the order got lost, so they sent an extra one along with it - which was given to me. I wouldn't normally have ordered something like that, assuming it was just another flimsy infomercial product, but I was nicely surprised with the build quality and performance of it. It really does work well. It's not terribly large, but that's just right for me since I'm usually cooking for myself. I can throw some carrots, celery and onion in it, and after a few spins, they're pulverized. When making salsa, you almost have to be careful, because you can easily over do it with just one extra turn of the crank. It comes with a mandolin slicer that also attaches to the bowl, as well as a mixer attachment that can supposedly whip heavy cream. There is a suction cup base the bowls screw into to stabilize the whole thing while you are using it. My only gripe about it is that there are a lot of loose parts, so you need a plastic tub or something to store the whole thing. Otherwise, it's worth grabbing if you see one on sale.

Ask a Question