Favorite thing to drink with baked foods

Reaction score
I like to drink cold milk with a lot of things. I drink milk with apple pie, muffins, cinnamon rolls, and more. I just love that combination of sweet with milk. (Is it weird?)

What do you like to drink with your baked goods? It can be one specific food with a drink too.

Reaction score
I like to drink milk with my sweets, too. That's not weird at all! I really like the way milk complements sweet baked treats. Everyone likes milk with cookies, after all.

Reaction score
Milk is what I drink with almost all my baked sweets. I've been like this since growing up. Milk compliments everything somehow.

Reaction score
I feel so much better that my tastes are weird. See that everyone whose replied so far likes milk with their baked goods gives me relief. I knew people drank milk with cookies but I wasn't sure about foods like pies and cobblers.

Reaction score
Milk is really good with cookies, but I prefer my baked goods with coffee. I don't like sweet things that much and I like to drink something a little bit bitter to cut the sweetness from all the cookies, cakes, brownies, pies, etc. Applies pies are perfect with a hot cup of cappuccino!

Reaction score
Sweets go together with milk naturally, in my mind. Most people eat their cereal with milk, and cereal is usually sweet. Who would eat it cereal soaked in something else? What gets me is when people drink milk with every meal. My boyfriend always drinks milk with hot and spicy food, which I can understand for the cooling effect, but that just sounds gross to me.

Reaction score
Hands down! It's milk! There is nothing like a delicious baked good with a big cold glass of milk! Yum! I am a milk fanatic though, and pretty much drink milk with everything. My husband is the same way. We joke about getting a cow! :)

Reaction score
Milk is really good with cookies, but I prefer my baked goods with coffee. I don't like sweet things that much and I like to drink something a little bit bitter to cut the sweetness from all the cookies, cakes, brownies, pies, etc. Applies pies are perfect with a hot cup of cappuccino!
I also drink coffee and tea with baked goods. I think the smoky, complex taste of coffee complements baked goods. I was wondering what Blogger template you used for your Ramblings blog, because it looks really good.

Reaction score
I also drink coffee and tea with baked goods. I think the smoky, complex taste of coffee complements baked goods. I was wondering what Blogger template you used for your Ramblings blog, because it looks really good.

Oh that was you? Thank you! I have no idea what it's called but it's one from the ones by Awesome, Inc. in the templates thing. It's under "Picture Window" and on top of "Watermark".

Tea and coffee is King! Woot

Reaction score
It would definitely have to be a tall glass of milk to go with my bake products, nothing seems to go better. If i do fall short on milk I will settle for a cool glass of water; very refreshing.

Reaction score
My go-to is milk as well. I also love to drink Frappucinos when I have cookies. Sometimes that becomes a bit of an over-kill though so I inevitably have to bust out some water!

Reaction score
I love to drink Diet Coke with chocolate baked goods. I don't know what it is about it, but growing up my favorite treat was a diet coke and a chocolate bar. Other baked goods though, definitely milk.

Reaction score
Milk goes well with cookies and cupcakes I find. I found a brilliant recipe for making a cup shaped cookie, so you can pour the milk into the cookie cup and drink and take a bite- wonderful!

Reaction score
I usually drink tea with my baked goods. I have milk with some things but as of lately I haven't been in the mood for milk.

Reaction score
(Is it weird?)

No... I even think it's definitely weird that you think it might be weird! All the "Got Milk?" advertisements rely on the link between milk and favorite foods, not only cookies but peanut butter sandwiches, even the all-American combination of burgers with fries and a milkshake (or if you can't shake the milk, or don't feel like having shaken-up milk, then just have it with milk).

That said, I've lost my taste for dairy milk as I grew up. Maybe I'll come back to it, I usually do when chocolate or peanut butter is involved, or even a good roast meat meal... but right now, for most sweet-baked goods, especially fruit ones, the closest I get is soya milk which tends to be thinner or if it's just as creamy then it's sweeter. Also flowery, herbal, or fruity teas.

Reaction score
You know Ellyn, when I read the combination of burgers with friends, I stopped and went, "Who on earth drinks cold milk with those on a regular basis!? I mean, sure you might if there's nothing else to choose from, but those definitely do not go together as standard".

Then I read on, and for some reason the fact that it's a milkshake made all the difference in my head. For some reason, this was okay and reasonable, but milk, straight as it were, just doesn't click if you see what I mean?

Reaction score
You know Ellyn, when I read the combination of burgers with fries, I stopped and went, "Who on earth drinks cold milk with those on a regular basis!? I mean, sure you might if there's nothing else to choose from, but those definitely do not go together as standard".

Then I read on, and for some reason the fact that it's a milkshake made all the difference in my head. For some reason, this was okay and reasonable, but milk, straight as it were, just doesn't click if you see what I mean?

I see what you mean, so maybe it's a regional thing. If you think about it, though, a milkshake is just milk with ice cream blended into it...and isn't having ice cream with a burger and fries technically weirder? Some people put dairy in the burger mix, or milk in the bread, so a glass of milk can tie in with that really well...but ice cream is usually for dessert!

I'm dimly recalling some Orthodox religious dietary restrictions about dairy and meat together, but can't recall which religion that is or how extreme or why the rule's there.

Reaction score
I prefer cold water or unsweetened coffee or tea with sweet things. If it's just bread, then sweetened coffee or cold water. I'm not a big fan of milk, though. Plus, it's so expensive these days.

Ask a Question