Food Movies - What's Your Favorite?

Reaction score
I am an unapologetic GenXer. As such, the beginning credit sequence for the original "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" amazed me as a child. As an adult, it simply makes my mouth water. While the movie wasn't particularly devoted to baking, it still make a very definite food impression on me.

What are your favorite movies that use food or baking as a central theme?

Reaction score
I liked Soul Food. This was a good movie and the food they cooked for Sunday dinner looked so good. My mom would cook the same dishes for Sunday dinner as well and it brought back a lot of good childhood memories.

Reaction score
I really like the movie, "Julia & Julia." I thought it was so cute how her and her husband were still so in love and frisky even when they were older! They were just so adorable together. Plus, I love how it showed all the struggles and hoops she had to go through in order to get where she ended up. She is a true example of what dedication can do for you. I love her!

Reaction score
I have wanted to see that movie. I am going to have to check that out after reading your post.

Reaction score
Julia and Julia was my favorite food movie. It was easy to watch and I got to learn a little bit about Julia Child. I did not like the end of the movie though where they made Julia Child mock Julia for cooking through her book.

Reaction score
I'm jumping on the Julie & Julia bandwagon as well as Ratatouille! I also recently saw the movie Chef and really enjoyed that!

Reaction score
I like a movie called Artois The Goat ,which is basically about cheese making. A man with a horrible boring job discovers a passion for making artisanal cheese and makes friends with a cute little goat named Artois. It's more interesting than it sounds. The countryside in this movie is beautiful and you feel the guy's longing for something more exciting than his soulless ,boring job making synthetic junk food.

Reaction score
I am an unapologetic GenXer. As such, the beginning credit sequence for the original "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" amazed me as a child. As an adult, it simply makes my mouth water. While the movie wasn't particularly devoted to baking, it still make a very definite food impression on me.

What are your favorite movies that use food or baking as a central theme?
There are 2 movies that come to mind when I think of food as the main theme. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and of course, Ratatouille!! These are both great movies and ones that we have watched with our kids over and over again. I love Ratatouille because it really has the cooking component and it's just not about a specific food.

Danyel :)

Ask a Question