Freezer Muffins

Reaction score
I just hopped on the freezer bandwagon and started freezing morning meals. I have had some success with blueberry muffins out of the freezer pre-cooked, but could not get the batter to freeze. I would much rather have the fresh out of the oven taste though. Any tips or suggestions for a "freezer newbie"? Also, do you have any good muffin recipes that freeze well?

Reaction score
Would you be able to put together the dry ingredients and keep them stored in your fridge or freezer (I store surplus flour in my freezer) and when you wanted to have fresh muffins you could simply add the wet ingredients. It wouldn't be quite as quick as having the batter all ready, but still a step in the right direction for a speedy meal.

Reaction score
Would you be able to put together the dry ingredients and keep them stored in your fridge or freezer (I store surplus flour in my freezer) and when you wanted to have fresh muffins you could simply add the wet ingredients. It wouldn't be quite as quick as having the batter all ready, but still a step in the right direction for a speedy meal.
That is a good idea Babble64. The only other thing I could think of is that you freeze the precooked muffins that you have already said. I really only freeze casseroles and things like that myself. I have really never froze baked goods besides cakes. Muffins are like cake in a way, so I would think it would be alright. You just won't have that fresh out of the oven taste but you can still warm them up.

Reaction score
That's a great idea Babble64. I will definitely look into trying that as I freeze flour as well. Brittany, what types of cakes do you freeze if you do not mind me asking? That sounds promising!

Reaction score
That's a great idea Babble64. I will definitely look into trying that as I freeze flour as well. Brittany, what types of cakes do you freeze if you do not mind me asking? That sounds promising!
I have froze bread, cakes, but never muffins. I have frozen regular yellow and chocalate cakes. I froze the top of my wedding cake for a year. My wedding cake was made by an extremely talented lady in her house. It was a three tier. We did that old tradition of eating the top of our cake on our anniversery. I have frozen the cake after I have baked it before to have ready to decorate on the day of the party. I have a freezer in my garage though.

Ask a Question