Freezer cinnamon rolls!

Reaction score
Oooh they look yummy! Going to have to give that a try! :D

Whenever I freeze homemade bread I always slice it first so that you can take out a slice at a time if that is all you need. Wrapping in lots of tinfoil works well, although I've never frozen dough before.

I really like having things you can keep in the freezer, it means that you don't feel the need to have it all at once! Better for the waistline ;)

Reaction score
Sometimes I am in the mood to cook and sometimes I am in the mood to eat. I love my freezer meals and how easy it makes to both bake and eat when I am in the mood with out having to force myself to over do on the other.

Reaction score
OMG, OMG! A bread machine! :) I've just discovered the bread machine, so was excited to see that in use.

I'll have to try these, they look terrific. I would have to make two batches, though. There's no way I would let them sit in the freezer for long.

I hadn't thought about freezing things, but it is a good strategy to use when you feel like making things. You can go crazy and make a bunch of stuff ahead of time. I bet it feels great to just reach into the freezer to get some ready-made treats. I think it will save money, too, because you can just bake what you want and not feel compelled to keep things from going bad or stale.

Reaction score
The good think about freezing is having it mostly ready to cook or heat up. Freezer cinnamon rolls sound like a great idea! I am definitely going to try this, so thank you for the info. My family and I love cinnamon rolls.

Reaction score
Is there a limit to freezing dough and batter where the final baked results start to suffer? I often get a bit of a "freezer taste" in the breads that I freeze. I think that's due to using cheaper brands of freezer bags/containers.

Reaction score
I looked at the recipe, and those look easy enough for even me to try. Yea, bread machine ! I love my bread machine, too ,Limcid ! I am terrible at making bread from scratch, and usually make the quick bread cinnamon rolls, but I just love real ones made with a yeast dough, so I am going to try these.
I like raisins in my cinnamon rolls, so I will be adding that along with the sugar and cinnamon .

Reaction score
I found this recipe I am so excited to try. I have never had great luck freezing breads but I still try it because I love the idea of getting all the work done at once and getting the rewards of that hard work all month.

http://moneysavingmom.com/2012/05/4-weeks-to-fill-your-freezer-cinnamon-rolls-day-2.html

Does anyone else have any favorite cinnamon roll recipes they think might freeze okay?

I really like homemade cinnamon rolls! I have never tried this particular recipe but I think I might give it a shot, I like the idea of freezing it so that you can have a fresh cinnamon roll anytime, a really great idea. Thanks for the link!!

Reaction score
Oh thank you for this recipe. I love cinnamon rolls. Being able to use the bread machine to lighten the load is awesome! I am going to have to try these for sure!

Reaction score
Bread machine cinnamon rolls?! I'm in, I love anything related to cinnamon. I bought the Pillsbury ones once. I wasn't impressed; splurging on a real Cinnabon is worth the wait.

As for things in the freezer... There is no room for such thing. We have to store all our flour, spices, rice, sugar, etc., in the freezer because, if you don't the bugs get in it, or in the spices case, harden before you can use them. The little things managed to get into our pop when they open airtight canisters. We've lost, bags upon bags of things before we started putting it all in the freezer.

Guess if I make them, we'll have to eat them ;)

Reaction score
I don't have a bread machine any longer. I guess I will stick with the traditional way of making the rolls. Thanks for the recipe.

Reaction score
This recipe sounds delicious. I am hungry now!! :) I will give it a try and see how it turns out. Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
I found this recipe I am so excited to try. I have never had great luck freezing breads but I still try it because I love the idea of getting all the work done at once and getting the rewards of that hard work all month.

http://moneysavingmom.com/2012/05/4-weeks-to-fill-your-freezer-cinnamon-rolls-day-2.html

Does anyone else have any favorite cinnamon roll recipes they think might freeze okay?
I've never seen this before but I am going to try it tonight. Hopefully they come out as good as they look!

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing! I think I'll try this one tomorrow! How did they come out for anyone that's already tried it out?

Reaction score
Oh wow, thanks so much for sharing this! My family all LOVE cinnamon rolls, and who doesn't love freezer cooking you can just pop in and heat up? What a flawless combination. I'll be sure to give this one a try :)

Reaction score
This is great. I don't have a bread machine though, so I'll have to go the old fashioned route. I'd love to have some of these in the freezer to pop out and make a few any time. This is such a good idea.

I like Becky's note about wrapping things individually. I think I'll do that or just wrap a couple in each package, so I can just pop out a small portion at a time.

Reaction score
This recipe is a definite winner however it has been ages since I have made cinnamon rolls as I have been overtaken by laziness and so I mostly make my purchases weekly at the bakery.

Reaction score
Mmm, these look really good. I'm going to have to dig my bread machine out of the closet and dust it off. I love the idea of having these in the freezer, ready to pop in the oven whenever a craving strikes!

Ask a Question