From Scratch

Reaction score
It's been such a long time, but I think it was either cinnamon rolls or peanut butter cookies.

The cinnamon rolls turned out great, in fact I got on a kick with making them regularly. I saw a recipe on the back of a Bisquick box and wanted to give it a try. I was pretty impressed with how they came out and how close they were to the stuff I could get at the store. This was right around the time when our mall got it's first Ciinnabon, so I was eating those a lot prior.

My first attempt at peanut butter cookies was a disaster however. I'm still not quite sure what I did wrong - I either mixed up my measurements or added them in the wrong order, because all the cookies turned into 1/8" thick flat pancakes and all bled together. There was nothing salvageable from them.

Reaction score
I think it was an apple crumble at school. That was years ago, crikey I feel really old now lol. It turned out pretty well. I remember we made a chocolate cake one time at school and my friend used peanut butter instead of regular butter. She used the same quantity and it was totally yum! It didn't last very long!

Reaction score
I think the first thing I ever baked was chocolate chip cookies. They turned out good when I made them in school, but when I tried to make them myself at home, they flopped! I melted the butter instead of just setting it out to get room temperature!

Reaction score
Sugar cookies! I remember being a child and baking sugar cookies from scratch with my grandmother. I was so proud because it was something that I could do myself at a young age.

Reaction score
I made gravy for some liver and rice from scratch. It turned out good. My mom showed me how to make it and I decided to see if I could make it myself and I was pleased with the results.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was just a simple cookie recipe....as a child I was really proud to be able to, though, and that they were eatable! lol.

Reaction score
7 layer chocolate cake.... for my Dad's birthday. Looked good, took a long time to finish. My Dad took a bite and could not eat it. I was so upset.... I said why? He said taste yourself and see, maybe something happened. So I did and realized I used bittersweet instead of unsweetened chocolate. OOPS

Reaction score
I think it was chocolate chip or sugar cookies. I sort of remember it being in my early teens and worrying so much about measuring. These days I do such my by eye or feel.

Reaction score
I decided to try making some vegetable soup from scratch and it actually turned out alright. It was a bit bland, but I thought it was ok for a first try. I asked my mom for some pointers so that I could do better next time.

Reaction score
Vegetable soup is a lofty goal for a little kid Annette. How old were you when you did it? I think I did the sugar cookie thing for the first time at 6-7.

Reaction score
I did the vegetable soup recently. I did sugar cookies when I was 8 years old. I haved loved cooking from scratch since.

Reaction score
The first thing I made from scratch was peanut butter cookies. I took a Home Economics cooking class in middle school. I tried to do some of the recipes at home. I used Jiffy's peanut butter to make the cookies. The cookies turned out really good. My parents and friends really liked my cookies. I started making peanut butter cookies every weekend.

Reaction score
The first thing I made from scratch was peanut butter cookies. I took a Home Economics cooking class in middle school. I tried to do some of the recipes at home. I used Jiffy's peanut butter to make the cookies. The cookies turned out really good. My parents and friends really liked my cookies. I started making peanut butter cookies every weekend.

Reaction score
I always remember only baking from scratch, we didn't have all the mixes that they have now. I still like to bake from scratch but there are times when I like to grab a quick mix now and then,

Ask a Question