Has anyone had a dessert pizza?

Traditional or Dessert pizza?

• Total voters
Reaction score
If you have then tell us what was on it and how did it taste?
Did you enjoy it or do you prefer the traditional idea of a pizza?

Reaction score
I ate a special a pizza place offering an eat all you can and one of the pizza's you could have was a dessert pizza, so I figured 'what the hell' and I tried a slice, it was a normal pizza base, obviously no tomato sauce, but it had like bits of breakfast cereal and ice cream and what not on it. It tasted really weird, pizza should not be dessert lol:confused:, it's much better as a main course:p So yeah, I'm going with traditional pizza.

Reaction score
I haven't had one of those weird ice cream pizzas, but I've had a dessert pizza that was pastry crust, spiced apple slices and streusel topping. I've also had cinnamon bun pizzas with frosting drizzle.

Reaction score
I haven't had a dessert pizza before, I didn't know it even existed!! I would love to try it but if I had to pick between the traditional pizza or dessert, I'd pick the traditional. I am a sweets fanatic but i love meat pizza!!

Reaction score
I haven't had one of those weird ice cream pizzas, but I've had a dessert pizza that was pastry crust, spiced apple slices and streusel topping. I've also had cinnamon bun pizzas with frosting drizzle.
Well that certainly sounds better than the one I had! It was a normal pizza base with al kinds of sweets and stuff on in it, tasted really weird!

Reaction score
They have really good dessert pizza at Pizza Inn. I really like the chocolate chip pizza, which basically has like chocolate chip cookie dough on it. They have another one with pineapple, cinnamon, brown sugar and frosting. MMmmm.

Reaction score

Oooh that sounds great:rolleyes: yum! I should try making one some day for something different you know. I am so hungry right now, I need to make something delicious:D

Reaction score
I've made an apple pie filling with fresh apples, and then used it to make a grilled apple pie dessert pizza!

Reaction score
Oooh that sounds great:rolleyes: yum! I should try making one some day for something different you know. I am so hungry right now, I need to make something delicious:D
I don't think it would be hard to make one of those cinnamon bun pizzas. You could just make a circle out of cinnamon bun dough and top it with the streusel, then add the icing drizzle after baking. Pecans would also be a good topping.

Reaction score
I have only had an apple pie dessert pizza, at some pizza place. I did not like it. That chocolate chip pizza sounds heavenly, though. I think nothing beats regular pizza. I might like dessert pizza better, if I made it myself.

Reaction score
We went out to a pizza place one evening and they had dessert pizza. They had 3 kinds : cherry, blueberry and apple. They were baked on a plain pizza crust then the fruit added on top with some crumble and it was drizzled with frosting. They were all delicious but the cherry one was my favorit.

Reaction score
I've never had a dessert pizza before. I love traditional pizza though so maybe I'll give one a try! One with M&Ms on sounds delicious.

Reaction score
I have had a dessert pizza and it was pretty darn good. This dessert pizza was apple favored. The crust was a sweeten dough then apple with brown sugar and cinnamon were piled on top and it was fin she off with a sweet glaze drizzle.

Reaction score
There are some pizza buffets here in town that have dessert pizzas and though I don't think I would ever make one at home, I really do enjoy them when I am out to eat.
My all time favorite has to be the coconut creme one that they have at Gattitown here in town.

Reaction score
I've tried a dessert pizza! I have sweet tooth so I enjoyed my food. The dough was the same pizza bread, and then the toppings were Nutella and banana. Just think of a toasty crepe with those fillings. Same thing!

Reaction score
I have had the cinnamon on the pizza dough. I liked it, but I would have rather eaten regular pizza instead of it. It was a nice change however. I have never had any other kind of dessert pizza like ice cream ones or anything.

Reaction score
Oh my...I love the idea of eating nutella and bananas on a dessert pizza! Talk about decadent and delicious!

Reaction score
I've made dessert pizza before. For the crust was a sugar cookie dough, baked, then a creams cheese & powdered sugar mixture spread on it, then topped with various fruits, designed nicely. Strawberries, blueberries, kiwi. apple slices, blueberries, blackberries, sliced banana, whatever is in season.

I make a glaze of jelly, I teaspoon of lemon juice, and water. About .25 water to 1 part jelly.
I brush this over the top, taking special care to cover things that might turn like the apples and bananas.

For Christmas, Kiwi and Strawberries make a nice one, and for the forth of july, blueberries and strawberries.

Reaction score
Dessert pizza (ice-cream, smarties, M&M's, chocolate, jelly babies etc.)
YUM. How could you not choose this!

Reaction score
I have had a dessert pizza. It consisted of the following: big flat cookie, sweetened cream cheese, and the toppings were supposed to be a variety of fruit, but we only had apples. It was really good, despite that. It has been over three years since I made it. I am not very into sweets and I don't have enough people to eat it for me to just make it. Though if I did have people to share it with, I would make it again. This time though, I would probably have more fruits for variety. I do prefer savory style pizza, and I do not like sharing that at all!

Ask a Question