How Do You Keep Cool When Baking?

Reaction score
In order to stay cool while baking, I dress light and open a window. Both of these acts, help me not get too hot. And, then of course, there's always AC if you have this in your house (not me). Based on my locale (WA), it doesn't get that hot anyway.

819434669_0d23d7edb4_o-470_250.jpg

Reaction score
I usually ensure that all the kitchen windows are opened whenever i am baking and i try to keep myself cool by having a chilled glass of lemonade at hand.

Reaction score
I try to bake during off peak hours to save a little money and it's usually cooler then. If there is a heat wave I stick to no kneed bread or simple cakes that I can sling in the oven and get the heck out!

Good plan waiting until off peak hours. I used to use a toaster oven to avoid heating up the whole kitchen with the big oven, and you'd be surprised how much you can do with it. Now, I just don't bake all that much during the summer. Well, it depends on hot of a summer we are having.

Reaction score
I actually had this problem the other day when I was trying to make cookies. It was like 80 degrees here and my kitchen was hot. I ended up abandoning the cookie dough and finished the cookies when the sun went down.

Ask a Question