How do you store your recipes?

Reaction score
Yes, it's hard to get rid of recipes because there are so many great looking dishes out there. I did donate some cookbooks after Xeroxing the two recipes I regularly make out of each cookbook. But I'll probably always have a few too many recipes because I keep finding stuff on Pinterest.

The ones with pictures are the hardest for me to get rid of!

And as for Pinterest...I have this virtual catalog there of recipes I've never tried! I keep pinning more and then not having time to make them. I told my hubby we need to start experimenting with one or two new ones each week!

Reaction score
I store my recipes in a recipe box. I've had this box for a long time. I organize the recipes in the box with labels and stickers. This make it easier to find the recipe I need quicker. I write some of my recipes on index cards.

Reaction score
When I was about to get married, my mother gave me a book as a gift. When I opened it I was so touched and surprised. She had typed all of her favorite recipes and put them together in a binder for me. Not only did it have her recipes in it, but she had a section of my grandmother's favorite recipes. She had them all labeled. I have used that book countless times! I absolutely love it! Because it is a binder, I am able to add new recipes to it as well! I keep the book on a shelf in my kitchen.
I must admit, when I get stuck and can't find a good recipe, I tend to go online and google one. I also call my mom or my sister. :)
In addition, when I find recipes I like onlines, I file them in a word document. One day I will print it and add it to my binder.

Reaction score
I have to admit to keeping recipes willy-nilly in a drawer. I keep telling myself I will put them all on my computer to keep them organized but I still haven't. I started a binder and put some of my recipes in it, even labelled each section, but I still find myself throwing recipes in my kitchen drawer because I don't have time (sigh!).

I finally organized all my recipes in a binder last year. I've divided into several sections: baking, meats, breakfast items, pasta, soups, salads, etc.
I used to be the type to just throw recipes in a drawer. Then, I could never find them again. Using a binder is so much easier. You always know where everything is.

Reaction score
For written recipes or things I have plucked out of cookbooks, they're in one of several plastic pocket folders. It's just the easiest way for me to flick through and find what I need. I have various plastic pocket folders for baked goods, savory foods, other desserts, appetizers - the list goes on!

Reaction score
I store mine on index cards and have them all stacked inside of the index card holder. I need to go ahead and get them typed up and stored on my computer as well so I can organize them in their specific categories (Breakfast, Appetizers, Main dishes, Desserts, etc...) I also have several food magazines that I need to go through and organize as well.

Reaction score
I store mine on index cards and have them all stacked inside of the index card holder. I need to go ahead and get them typed up and stored on my computer as well so I can organize them in their specific categories (Breakfast, Appetizers, Main dishes, Desserts, etc...) I also have several food magazines that I need to go through and organize as well.

My mother in law stores hers like that too, in an adorable wooden box. It just looks so classy - I wish I could find a wooden index card holder for recipes like it, but she said she got hers years ago!

Reaction score
I hate to say it,but all I have been doing is keeping them in a folder on google and the last time my computer croaked I lost a bunch of them,i need to be printing the ones I really like and have them organized

Ask a Question