I Can't Wait Until the Fall Arrives!

Reaction score
Shellyann36 - your recipe for the water, honey and cinnamon sounds really interesting. How did you use it to lose weight?? You've really got my wheels turning! :)

I like the cinnamon "flavored" candles too and I usually have a candle burning every day throughout the colder months. Bath and Body Works has some amazing scents! I just got one the other day that makes the house smell like I've been baking and gives me a warm, cozy feeling!!! It is cinnamon and clove buds! So nice!!!! I've also gotten ones from there that are usually on sale after Christmas and I snatch a bunch of them up: Twisted Peppermint!! I really love it and my family will actually ask me to quit burning it because I do it non-stop!!! LOL

I should probably work in a candle shop!

Thanks for the congrats on my sis and brother in law's baby! They waited 11 years - between trying to have a baby and adopting a baby. It is such a blessing for them! They have a little boy and he is so sweet! Makes me miss those days when my kids were that young............ok, maybe not that much as it was a lot of hard work and sleepless nights!!! :)

The cinnamon helps to control your blood sugar levels. The honey is used for all of its antioxidant goodness and of course it makes the cinnamon much easier to swallow. The water just brings the two together. The recipe calls for you to drink 1/2 cup first thing when you wake up on an empty stomach and in the evening before you go to bed. I no longer feel as hungry after drinking this mixture. My blood sugar levels are balanced out and I am not craving sweet or starchy foods. It also gives me energy (I think that is the honey). The main thing is to let the water cool down to room tempature before mixing the honey in or else the heat will take away all of the honey's useful benefits.

Thanks, ladies! I'm happily sipping a hot cupful of water, cinnamon and honey while I type (well, not EXACTLY at the same time! LOL) I think you may very well have given me an alternative to my other cold-weather drinks of coffee and green tea. Always nice to have choices. If there are added health benefits for colds and weight loss...well, not necessary, but a plus, for sure!

I am so sorry Babble64 but if you put the honey into the hot/warm liquid that zaps away all of the honey's useful benefits and turns it into an average sweetener.

Reaction score
Shellyann36 and mommy42, I've never heard about mixing honey and cinnamon! I am so prone to colds, and I love both those ingredients so maybe that's something I'll need to start using. I'm also intrigued about how it can help you lose weight - I've put on half a stone since coming home from university for the summer, and while I'm still a healthy weight, I'm desperate to shift it off again!

The cinnamon helps to control your blood sugar levels. The honey is used for all of its antioxidant goodness and of course it makes the cinnamon much easier to swallow. The water just brings the two together. The recipe calls for you to drink 1/2 cup first thing when you wake up on an empty stomach and in the evening before you go to bed. I no longer feel as hungry after drinking this mixture. My blood sugar levels are balanced out and I am not craving sweet or starchy foods. It also gives me energy (I think that is the honey). The main thing is to let the water cool down to room tempature before mixing the honey in or else the heat will take away all of the honey's useful benefits.

The recipe is located at this website http://www.stepintomygreenworld.com/healthyliving/honey-and-cinnamon-weight-loss-recipe/

I cannot afford the organic honey or cinnamon but I do use this recipe every day.
I also cut the recipe in half and make one half in the morning and one half in the evening. I tried to make a full cup at one time and just drink half in the morning and the other half later that night and it tasted aweful. The honey had taken on this gross congelled feeling and was no longer sweet tasting.

Good luck ladies. I have lost weight with this. I don't have the urge to eat sweets or carbs as I use to. It does held supress my appetite.

Reaction score
My only problem with burning those kinds of candles is it makes me hungry! LOL. I, too, love having a candle burning. Type of scent depends on time of year. I had to go to B&BW last week to get some "summery" scents because everything I had in stock was wintery/Christmasy.

On another fall note: I have several volunteer plants growing in my gardens this summer...pumpkins and ornamental gourds among them. Guess who's going to be a happy camper when it comes time to decorate for Fall?

Oh, and I made two batches of soup this week....stuff pepper for a friend who just had surgery and tomato-basil for an upcoming family gathering. (triple batch of the tomato basil)

I love decorating for the fall as well. That soup sounds wonderful. Share your recipes for both please.

I can't wait either! Like you, I don't bake much in the summer; its way too hot! In the fall though its perfect and delicious. Not to mention all the soups, chili, and other hot foods that aren't necessarily baked goods. Plus pumpkin! You're right; fall is the best time of year. Its just so delicious!

Yes it is delicious and I am so happy that it is right around the corner!

Reaction score
The main thing is to let the water cool down to room tempature before mixing the honey in or else the heat will take away all of the honey's useful benefits.

I am so sorry Babble64 but if you put the honey into the hot/warm liquid that zaps away all of the honey's useful benefits and turns it into an average sweetener.

Oh well, it tasted good! :)

Reaction score
The stores around here have started putting all their fall decor and fall scented candles out. I totally want it all but I have to control myself because you guys know I'm saving up a security deposit for a new place.
There'll be fall candles again next year. But right now I'm on a mission.

Reaction score
Yes, here too and it is so hard to resist!!! Bath and bodyworks in our mall has all the fall scents like pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc out and it is hard to just walk by without sniffing!!

Good for you for keeping your focus! You are right, you will have plenty of other opportunities to buy fall things next time around!!

I really am dying to make some chilli!!! Lol! Come on cooler weather!! :)

Reaction score
I have been taking the cinnamon and honey mix as well, but I don't mix any water in it, I just dump the honey and cinnamon in together, let it sit a while to kind of soak I together, and then stir it up. Sometimes, I warm the honey a nit before I mix them , and then they seem to blend better. I just keep it in a pint jar, and take a spoon full in the mornings, or if I feel like I need it.
It is supposed to help with so many thing, plus it is just plain delicious to eat !

Reaction score
I completely agree about the apples! I was talking to someone today about them and I can't wait to bake some apple crumbles and such now!

Reaction score
The stores around here have started putting all their fall decor and fall scented candles out. I totally want it all but I have to control myself because you guys know I'm saving up a security deposit for a new place.

Yes it is that way here too. The Halloween candy is out and so is all of those wonderful fall scented candles..... I really need to control myself as well on shopping trips. Keep up the mission!

Yes, here too and it is so hard to resist!!! Bath and bodyworks in our mall has all the fall scents like pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc out and it is hard to just walk by without sniffing!!

Good for you for keeping your focus! You are right, you will have plenty of other opportunities to buy fall things next time around!!

I would love some chilli or some homemade soup myself!

I have been taking the cinnamon and honey mix as well, but I don't mix any water in it, I just dump the honey and cinnamon in together, let it sit a while to kind of soak I together, and then stir it up. Sometimes, I warm the honey a nit before I mix them , and then they seem to blend better. I just keep it in a pint jar, and take a spoon full in the mornings, or if I feel like I need it.
It is supposed to help with so many thing, plus it is just plain delicious to eat !

Now that is an idea that I had not thought of.... hmm you are getting me thinking here!

Reaction score
I completely agree about the apples! I was talking to someone today about them and I can't wait to bake some apple crumbles and such now!

Yes Rubymusic.... the apples that are at the grocery stores right now are so puny as compared to the fall!

Reaction score

This makes me think of when I was trying to cut back on grain based carbs in my diet. I'd go to the mall and smell the Auntie Ann's pretzels and they smelled SO good. I actually made the decision to enjoy the smelling and NOT eat one. I would walk right down that section of the mall and smell for all I was worth, and let that be my treat, without buying and eating one. I'm wondering if you can do that with the candles?

Reaction score
Haha! Good idea!! I am actually pretty good about enjoying without buying! :) My son started college last month and my daughter has to get braces. So I am pretty controlled about what I will spend money on!! :) And, I have lots of candles from previous year's sales - so I am set for a while!!! LOL

I usually don't make it out to the mall unless I have to take the kids back to school shopping. That is done, so I am good for a while now! At least until Christmas when I might go there to do some shopping. But, I usually do most of my shopping online anyway. So, I guess after saying all that I should be good!! ;-)

Reaction score
Oh my, tell me about braces! I've been baking according to my braces for the last year. It's really surprising what you can't eat after a tighten. I even find food such as pasta to be hard to chew and wears my jaw out quickly :( Thankfully it's ok currently(tighten on Friday, argh!). But the good thing is, is that cake is one of the easiest things to eat!

Reaction score
Yes it is that way here too. The Halloween candy is out and so is all of those wonderful fall scented candles..... I really need to control myself as well on shopping trips. Keep up the mission!

Thanks Shellyann, for now I'll have to limit my fall shopping to imaginary shopping on Pinterest. My imaginary Pinterest apartment is very colorful.

Reaction score
Thanks Shellyann, for now I'll have to limit my fall shopping to imaginary shopping on Pinterest. My imaginary Pinterest apartment is very colorful.

LOL I could decorate my house and a few other homes with all of the ideas that I find on Pinterest.... now if I just had the money to do it!

Reaction score
Haha! Good idea!! I am actually pretty good about enjoying without buying! :) My son started college last month and my daughter has to get braces. So I am pretty controlled about what I will spend money on!! :) And, I have lots of candles from previous year's sales - so I am set for a while!!! LOL

I usually don't make it out to the mall unless I have to take the kids back to school shopping. That is done, so I am good for a while now! At least until Christmas when I might go there to do some shopping. But, I usually do most of my shopping online anyway. So, I guess after saying all that I should be good!! ;-)

I always try to hit the post holiday sales as well. I got alot of Christmas decorations last year for pennies on the dollar at Dollar General. One particular store is not quite so busy so their clearance stuff sits on the shelf for a bit. Luckily for me!

Reaction score
I know what you mean! I decided last year that I wanted to use new decorations for our Christmas tree. We had the same ones since my husband and I were married twenty years ago! And, a lot of them were ones that were handed down, etc. Not ones we got to pick ourselves. So, I waited until the after Christmas sales at Target and I was able to redecorate my whole tree, with a theme, for 1/2 of what it would have been!! I gave a lot of the "old" ornaments away and stored the ones that were specifically given to the kids to have for their own trees some year. I was very happy with the results and my husband even liked it!!! It was fun to see it decorated like I wanted after all these years!! I love clearance!!! LOL

Reaction score
I know what you mean! I decided last year that I wanted to use new decorations for our Christmas tree. We had the same ones since my husband and I were married twenty years ago! And, a lot of them were ones that were handed down, etc. Not ones we got to pick ourselves. So, I waited until the after Christmas sales at Target and I was able to redecorate my whole tree, with a theme, for 1/2 of what it would have been!! I gave a lot of the "old" ornaments away and stored the ones that were specifically given to the kids to have for their own trees some year. I was very happy with the results and my husband even liked it!!! It was fun to see it decorated like I wanted after all these years!! I love clearance!!! LOL

I don't blame you one bit mommy42! When I was younger I had alot of hand me down ornaments and a hand me down tree. That poor tree was so ugly but it was all we had for years.

Ask a Question