I wish I had a double oven

Reaction score
I come from a pretty large family (5 brothers and sisters) and when we get together at my house for the holidays I always wish I had a double oven!!!

We have everyone bring a dish and we usually make the main meat dish. But it seems that someone always has something that needs to be kept warm, or cooked for just a little bit more, etc. I do have a warming drawer but it only holds a couple of dishes.

I've seen double ovens and they wouldn't take up any more room than my current oven. But, would I lose my cook top then? Sigh!! :) It isn't a huge dilemma - just something I always wished I could have for those large gatherings!

Do any of you have a double oven? Do you also have a cooktop? :)

Reaction score
I use to have a double oven and I loved it! If I ever build my own home or remodel my kitchen a double oven is going in place! I cannot tell you how handy they are. I have dreamed about a kitchen with a double oven since that time and I have drooled every time I see a magazine kitchen spread that has a double oven. I keep telling myself that one of these days I will have one. Probably by the time I get it I will be too old and feable to use it.

Reaction score
I use to have a double oven and I loved it! If I ever build my own home or remodel my kitchen a double oven is going in place! I cannot tell you how handy they are. I have dreamed about a kitchen with a double oven since that time and I have drooled every time I see a magazine kitchen spread that has a double oven. I keep telling myself that one of these days I will have one. Probably by the time I get it I will be too old and feable to use it.

Oh no!!:eek: Please don't think like this!!, lol.

I personally feel that if you are that passionate about having a double oven, that you will be able to get one, sooner rather than later:).

Reaction score
I come from a pretty large family (5 brothers and sisters) and when we get together at my house for the holidays I always wish I had a double oven!!!

We have everyone bring a dish and we usually make the main meat dish. But it seems that someone always has something that needs to be kept warm, or cooked for just a little bit more, etc. I do have a warming drawer but it only holds a couple of dishes.

I've seen double ovens and they wouldn't take up any more room than my current oven. But, would I lose my cook top then? Sigh!! :) It isn't a huge dilemma - just something I always wished I could have for those large gatherings!

Do any of you have a double oven? Do you also have a cooktop? :)

I used to have a double oven in the house that I lived in, prior to the place that I live in now. I had a cook top too. The double ovens were right next to the cook top; cook top was on the right hand side. Double ovens were to the left, stacked on top of each other. The bad part about it though, only one of my double ovens worked properly. I found that out on Thanksgiving day when I was trying to cook a turkey:eek::confused:.

I put my turkey in one of the ovens, turned it on a certain temperature, and went on about the daily business of getting other things ready for Thanksgiving. Well, I didn't notice until some time later that my oven seemed to be hotter than it should have been.
Come to find out, one of the ovens (the one with the turkey in it!!) only had one temperature, which was about 450, 475, something like that. Really hot oven. The other oven worked just fine.

I was renting the house, and really did not want to bother the owner about coming to fix the stove, but now, in retrospect, I know that I should have asked her to fix the oven, especially since I was paying $2, 200 a month for the house.

Reaction score
Oh no!!:eek: Please don't think like this!!, lol.

I personally feel that if you are that passionate about having a double oven, that you will be able to get one, sooner rather than later:).

:D LOL well thank you. I would like to redo this kitchen but I think it will be a while yet. Other, more important irons in the fire at the moment but if I ever get a chance!!! ;)

Reaction score
:D LOL well thank you. I would like to redo this kitchen but I think it will be a while yet. Other, more important irons in the fire at the moment but if I ever get a chance!!! ;)

Yes! As they say in one of my favorite movies, "Galaxy Quest", never give up, never surrender (... or something like that, lol).

A kitchen re-do sounds like a fab thing to do. I rent, so I can't re-do my kitchen, thank goodness I like it just how it is:).

There is a channel on YouTube where a woman redid her kitchen on the cheap. She didn't put a stove in though, if I remember correctly. Just gave the cabinets a face-lift.

Reaction score

Not laughing about you being old and feeble! But I did think it was funny! That is probably how long it will take me to get one too!!! LOL I feel like you - everytime I see one - I drool and imagine what it would be like to have one!! Oh, the things I could cook and bake at the same time!!

Of course it might mean I would have to host more family dinners!!! Hmmm I might have to rethink that! LOL!!

It is hot here right now so the idea of baking in one oven is unbearable! Let alone two!!! Haha! But soon it will be cool enough and I can at least start baking again in one oven!!

Reaction score
Pinnie - that sounds just awful!! And at Thanksgiving to boot! You are much more patient than me! I would have been on the phone to the landlord the next day!!!

We had a Thanksgiving mishap one year but it had nothing to do with a double oven!! ;-) My husband won a casserole dish in a golf tournament so we decided to use it to make and serve stuffing. All was good until we took it out of the oven! As soon as my husband picked it up it shattered into a million pieces!! Oh my gosh!! Thankfully he only got grazed by a little piece of it and was ok. But we swept up pieces of glass for months afterwards! Thankfully it was far enough out of the oven to not affect any of the other food! It scared everyone because the noise was like an explosion!!! After that happened I was looking it up online and apparently there are certains types of the glass pans that are made with something that shatters at high temps! They really should warn a person!!!

Hope your cooking/baking experiences have improved since then! ;-)

Reaction score
Not laughing about you being old and feeble! But I did think it was funny! That is probably how long it will take me to get one too!!! LOL I feel like you - everytime I see one - I drool and imagine what it would be like to have one!! Oh, the things I could cook and bake at the same time!!

Of course it might mean I would have to host more family dinners!!! Hmmm I might have to rethink that! LOL!!

It is hot here right now so the idea of baking in one oven is unbearable! Let alone two!!! Haha! But soon it will be cool enough and I can at least start baking again in one oven!!

LOL its quite alright. A double oven certainly makes entertaining guests easier. You can get the cooking out of the way faster. I agree with the heat. It is too hot right now but the cooler weather is around the corner and it will be so much easier then.

Reaction score
Thats what I keep thinking - that entertaining would be so much easier! Seems I would spend less time trying to coordinate the baking/cooking times of all the dishes and enjoy my guests more!!! LOL

I was an ad on tv the other day for a double oven with a cooktop!!! So, it basically looks like a regular oven - only there are two ovens, with the burners on top! I was pretty excited to see that! I kept thinking I was going to have to have a separate cooktop to find a place for! I'm probably behind the curve on all this! LOL

I now just have to convince my husband that we need to get one! Haha! Not sure how well that will work since our oldest is starting college next week!!

I'll just have to keep on dreaming! ;-)

Reaction score
I would really like to have the double oven in the wall and then a nice Jenn Aire cooktop!! That would really rock! When I had my double oven it made things so much easier as far as cooking for a crowd goes. I had Thanksgiving at our house the first year we lived there. With that set of ovens one was smaller than the other one. The turkey went in the larger one nicely and the pies went in the other one. It all worked out. ;)

Reaction score
I know what you mean! Thankfully, even though I, also am from a large family (I'm the youngest of nine kids), we don't usually do family gatherings at my house...not enough room! But there are still times when one oven does NOT seem like enough!

A while ago a friend of mine said her dad had 50 people at the house cooking. I looked at her funny. I said "REALLY??" She stopped, counted in her head and say "Well, maybe 35." I asked how that could be. Well, she's from a traditional Italian family and they have a "sauce kitchen" in the basement! So, all of this man's relatives and some friends were over there doing holiday cooking together. I'd never heard of that before, but thought it was pretty cool. Although I'm not sure I'd want to have TWO kitchens to clean; one is enough of a challenge most days!

Ask a Question