Ice-cream bread... as in bread made from ice-cream!

Reaction score
Oh my, that looks absolutely delicious! I had to look up a pints-to-ml conversion, and from the looks of it, it's roughly the same amount of wet ingredients that go into making bread in the first place - oil or butter, cream or milk, eggs - so it really isn't that different. Having said that, making it out of ice cream makes whipping up a batch so much easier (no waiting for it to rise, love it!). I wonder if it's as dense as I imagine? Can't wait to try it out!

Reaction score
I've neer heard of this one before, but I think it will be worth trying to make it. Looks more than delicious!

Reaction score
Is that like a quick bread? I've never heard of such a thing before, but it doesn't look like a regular bread to me. It would probably make a good desert. How about sorbet or sherbet? Would it work with those too? Oh, how about frozen yogurt or Greek yogurt?
Can this sort of thing work for a muffin recipe if we cut out the sugar and milk and use ice cream instead? It sounds like it would.

Reaction score
It's definitely going to have a more cake-like texture than normal bread. But then, it is an interesting idea!

I'm thinking of making one with good old vanilla ice cream and then eating it with a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Or perhaps the reverse, make it with chocolate ice cream and then serve it topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Reaction score
I suppose you could use gluten free flour when making this ice cream bread. If someone is gluten intolerant, they can enjoy this type of bread. I'll be sharing this information with my family and friends. This would be great to serve for all occasions. Thank you for sharing this great information, on a great new bread choice.

Reaction score
Well , that is new to me, I have never heard of it,but I would love to taste it, I wonder if it would melt ? just a thought.

Reaction score
I have a recipe for ice cream bread in my file, but have not yet used it. I would be using sugar free ice cream in it because I am diabetic and definitly cannot have all of the sugar that is in it! The texture seems to resemble bannana or zuchinni bread. I am definitly going to have to try it soon. I love some kind of quick bread with my coffee in the morning.

Reaction score
We tried 'baking' it a while ago in our hourse. As you say Becky, it's very much more akin to a cake than it is a bread. Still pretty delicious though!

Reaction score
I love this forum for the fabulously fun recipes! I have never heard of ice cream bread before, and I would never even have imagined it. It sounds like something that my children would absolutely love (me too, of course!). I'm glad to see that you've tried it Annabelle, and it has your seal of approval. I am inspired to try it for myself. I wonder if mint chocolate chip flavour would just be a bit too weird? Hmmm...

Reaction score
That sounds almost too good to be true, ice cream bread...imagine the possibilities. I am going to seriously have to check that out! I would make a Moose Tracks bread, a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup bread, a chocolate chip cookie dough bread...my mouth is watering already!

Reaction score
I've had some apprehension about making bread (again, did an Amish load way back fresh from a baking class) even though I really want to. This sounds like just the stepping stone, thank you! Although, that it's baking-soda based and yeast free does give me the sense that this is a quick cake--according the blogger, is not very sweet. Which is fine! I love those!

I'm supposing that this isn't going to work for bread sorbettos.

Reaction score
People come up with the craziest mixes! I see it tasting a lot like cake also. It sounds so easy but I feel like I would mess this one up some how. Maybe if I'm bored one day I would give it a try.

Reaction score
Oooohhh. This looks great! I will definitely try this when I have the time. I think this would be great if I use rocky road or that ice cream with the nuts and all. If you have already tried this, please do post pictures.

Reaction score
I think I have heard about this before, but didn't think it was an idea I'd like to try to be honest, because well I love ice cream! Ice cream is so good and there is no way I'd waste it just to make bread, lol. I just cant!

Reaction score
I'm actually impressed with how delicious that looks. It also looks super moist - going to give it a try, for sure. I often wonder how people come up with such simple genius ideas like this. I'll have to keep you posted as to how it goes when I finally get the chance to try it. This forum gives me so much inspiration that I'm starting to amass a list that's a mile long of recipes I want to try!

Reaction score
It looks and would taste so good. There's just one catch - my mouth is hurting. I can literally TASTE the sweetness from here. And I like it but I cringe from pain all the same lol :D

Reaction score
I believe we spoke about this somewhere here before and I for one see how this could be quite a hit. I'd go with a coconut ice cream or a cookies and cream ice. I don't see how this kind of 'bread' or more like a cake, could be anything but yummy. Like Ebby I am fan of ice cream and bread so the two combined should be "swell'.....me too:(. Too much goodness for one body don't you think?

Reaction score
We tried 'baking' it a while ago in our hourse. As you say Becky, it's very much more akin to a cake than it is a bread. Still pretty delicious though!

This recipe looks interesting. I have read the replies and I think Annabell is the only one who tried making it. I do hope others can share their inputs. I am curious of the texture and consistency of the bread. Does it need any other ingredients to improve the result or is flour just enough? Would love to try it since it looks fairly easy for a newbie like me.

Reaction score
This recipe looks interesting. I have read the replies and I think Annabell is the only one who tried making it. I do hope others can share their inputs. I am curious of the texture and consistency of the bread. Does it need any other ingredients to improve the result or is flour just enough? Would love to try it since it looks fairly easy for a newbie like me.

I made it at home, and was pretty disappointed to be honest! It had a very heavy texture, I haven't tried it since :(

Ask a Question